Lving and kitchen

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
TSolt

Lving and kitchen

Post by TSolt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:12 pm

working on some interior shots for a client, I had to create the pendant lights myself, they are glass but doesn't seem to show quite right in the rendering. Perhaps needs to be more reflective? comments welcome, thanks!
Attachments
interior living kitchen (2).jpg
interior living kitchen (2).jpg (372.12 KiB) Viewed 3471 times

masloprojekt
SketchUp: 2018

Re: Lving and kitchen

Post by masloprojekt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Do You have reference picture of this pendant lights ? If it's clear glass it looks quite good. You might be interested also with this topic Interior Renderings - Exposure for Background Outside

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Lving and kitchen

Post by Fletch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:49 pm

for small objects that are actual glass, like these pendants, it should be built to exact proper thickness for the glass, then apply realistic glass. for shiny glass use 1.8 - 2.2 IOR instead of default 1.52 IOR

the image overall looks great!
The black mullions on the window wall are too black, nothing like real life 'black'. Avoid anything darker than 85% grey... I think 80% grey is even better.
For the white paint on the cabinetry and wood trim around windows/openings/floor - try a slight edge line in the material
Template Material>Advanced>
+Weld Vertices
+Enable Edge Line
Hard Edge Angle 30 degrees
Edge Line Thickness 1,2, or 3mm <<need to test in your rendering... 1 is probably good. In Deep Editor you can specify the edge color to be other than black after you get your material set up as a template and you are happy with it, convert it to deep edit mode and change color of edge color if you desire.