Low quality Render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
massi-p
SketchUp: 2016

Low quality Render

Post by massi-p » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:16 am

Good morning, for months now use Twilight in the company, unfortunately still have low quality render (see photo). :evil:
For example for this loft, I only have one texture Hd (floor); I also added 8 spot light.
The images derived from render processed after over 14 hours in 09 presets, 2000x990 format. :roll:
I have a new pc 32 gb ram, intel core i7-6700 3:40 GHz, windows 10 and Nvidia Quadro K1200
Look kindly feedback thanks
Attachments
render_1.jpg
render_1.jpg (98.62 KiB) Viewed 11449 times
render_2.jpg
render_2.jpg (111.28 KiB) Viewed 11449 times
AutoSave_P-038-2016 Parigi rif_Benjamin Franklin_1_Bagno.jpg
AutoSave_P-038-2016 Parigi rif_Benjamin Franklin_1_Bagno.jpg (130.56 KiB) Viewed 11449 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Low quality Render

Post by Fletch » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:34 pm

That seems a long time to render such a scene with such a machine. :? Let's see what we can do to fix this.

First, please run the speed test if you haven't done so yet.

It's possible that your computer is overheating and down-throttling.

It's possible that the high res floor texture is slowing down the image. You can half the resolution of it and try again.

It's possible that there's accidentally a light emitting material applied to a curved surface, this would result in hundreds of lights in the scene of which you may not be aware. You can run the diagnostic in the Twilight V2 Extensions Menu option. This will show any light emitting materials, and any high-resolution textures.

If an image is 2000px wide, there's likely no reason for any texture to be larger than 2000px, as you will not typically see that image texture blown up above 2000px.

It appears that the light objects in the scene are too bright, resulting in artifacts/errors in rendering and slowing down the rendering process as the engine tries to compensate for the over-brightness. Please follow the video tutorials in my signature - especially the one about lights. Set light power for your spots and point lights by setting Lumens, and adjust brightness of your image not by forcing the lights to be stronger than they should be, but rather by increasing exposure in the Rendering Window in the Tone Mapping option.

massi-p

Post by massi-p » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:20 pm

carry the speed test; I have noticed no overheating pc
the texture is seamless 3000x2400 px
there is a beam of light (see photo)
thank you
Attachments
emitter.PNG
emitter.PNG (299.55 KiB) Viewed 11437 times
high.PNG
high.PNG (148.31 KiB) Viewed 11437 times
medium.PNG
medium.PNG (148.65 KiB) Viewed 11437 times

massi-p

Post by massi-p » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:20 pm

test LOW
Attachments
low.PNG
low.PNG (157.41 KiB) Viewed 11437 times

massi-p

Post by massi-p » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:37 pm

a curiosity: this image found on another forum how long it took to produce it? there are several lights, is also very large size, thanks
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (582.91 KiB) Viewed 11436 times

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:34 pm

It's hard to know for certain without seeing the file. If you send it to us (support [at] twilightrender) we can look at it and maybe find out what's going on.

Looking at your images (your models look great by the way!), there are probably two issues. One could be the type of materials you are using. It's hard to know that just from your images, but if speed is a problem you need to remove the use of translucent, sss, lamp-glass, realistic water, or volumetric materials. I don't know if you are using any of those, but if you are, that's going to be part of the problem.

Two, it appears you have some very high polygon geometry. The 3D character in there, the blanket on the bed, any plants you have, maybe light fixtures. The more complex geometry, the longer it will take to render. That's just the nature of rendering. If you really need those elements, and can't substitute something with fewer polygons, then at least hide those objects when they aren't visible in the render. For instance, your 3D character isn't visible in 2 of your 3 images. Make sure you have hidden her for those scenes. And the same for any high-poly element.

I assume you are rendering with all threads? Are you running other CPU intensive operations on the computer at the same time or is it left alone? If you need to use your computer while rendering, I recommend rendering with 1 or 2 less than the max threads. Better to keep one CPU core free rather than constantly fight with another program.

Also, make absolutely certain your lights are not intersecting your geometry. One of the most common mistakes is that people make their light radius really big and it ends up intersecting geometry. You rarely need a light bigger than 2 inches.

massi-p

Post by massi-p » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:57 am

we will send the file to the email skp support@twilightrender.com through WeTransfer given the size of 166Mb design.
I used translucent to give a better effect to do to see the customer otherwise it seems flat
To hide the items you intend to turn off the layer when rendering?
When rendering using the PC for Office and email.
Thank you

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 pm

massi-p wrote:a curiosity: this image found on another forum how long it took to produce it? there are several lights, is also very large size, thanks
I rendered this image on a quad core 2.2mhz, it took probably 8 hours, it had over 100 lights and tons of geometry, but the people were photoshopped. On your machine it would be less than half that time.
We will take a look at your scene, and try to figure out what's causing the lag... but Chris pointed out some good areas for you to look at, in addition to what I mentioned.
A single high-res texture can greatly increase render times, I've seen it happen many times. And lights that are not powered correctly can definitely increase render times, I've seen it happen many times.

You never mentioned if you tried any of our suggestions... so we do not know what you have tried to do after we suggested things to look for.

massi-p

Post by massi-p » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:27 am

the texture of the revenue from http://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/
I have not tried to test it according to your suggestions look to be analyzed the file I have sent, thanks

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:47 pm

We can not do a direct 1-to-1 test without all textures included with the scene. Please export scene using Twilight's built-in export feature, this will bring all the files necessary in order to render the scene correctly.
Open Render Dialog
go to Render Menu choose Render>Export ZIP
Include .skp file by placing manually into the same .zip file created after exporting to ZIP.
Send entire zip package.

However, it's clear that the lights on the stairs are intersecting geometry with the wall. Not only this, but they are set to be 600 watts which is way too strong.

Lower power of the Sunlight to 1, lower power of lights on stairs to 60w, not 600w.
Rebuild stairway lights so that they CUT A HOLE in the wall.
Resize each light bulb in the scene to be 0.005 meters or less.
Hide Kitchen furniture geometry when not visible in the rendering.

Also maybe this will be useful in the future:
Subject: How do I render an invisible wall in Twilight Render?
Don't forget that you can also render multiple section cuts at once with Twilight Render V2, so no need to hide walls, just place active section cuts and activate Section Cut rendering for the scene.