Bathrooms

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Bathrooms

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:45 am

Working on some bathrooms, here using render setting 04b - Medium - this render setting can be found in the Alternate AA settings. It's a fantastic quality-for-speed render setting for interiors like bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. The preliminary final (oxymoron, sorry) was rendered with Easy 04 - Medium.

:>: RIGHT-CLICK THE IMAGE > OPEN IN NEW TAB for full resolution view.

In this view, the DOF (depth of field) is achieved using the camera settings, looks fantastic, but comes at a major render time cost. It is suggested to use the Z-Depth render pass in a photo editor to achieve a similar effect in a minute as a very quick alternative to the longer render times.

The key is to use the correct lighting and correct exposure settings in the tone mapping settings.
Some color correction and selective noise removal was made in post-pro using Topaz photoshop plugins.
Attachments
Bathroom-Twilight-Medium-Final.jpg
Bathroom-Twilight-Medium-Final.jpg (538.55 KiB) Viewed 3937 times

nickario
SketchUp: 2018

Re: Bathrooms

Post by nickario » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 pm

I've just tried for the first time the Alternate AA render. I think its perfect to check your render setings before final render because seams to me loosing real lighting shadows and colors. ( i think so except i'm doing something wrong.) By the way... nice bath! ;)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Bathrooms

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks Nickario.
The "medium" render setting is not as realistic lighting as an unbiased, or even higher quality render setting. However, in 30minutes you get a very nice image at over 2000px wide. This is not the case on the same machine with Easy 09 (MLT unbiased) render setting.
Here's the unbiased rendering, different color scheme... again, nicer lighting result, of course, but rendering time was much longer. (actual time, not sure.)
Attachments
Bathroom-Twilight-Easy09-Final.jpg
Bathroom-Twilight-Easy09-Final.jpg (551.2 KiB) Viewed 3930 times