SketchUp Basecamp speaker, Alex Hogrefe

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
Chris
SketchUp: 2016

SketchUp Basecamp speaker, Alex Hogrefe

Post by Chris » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:08 pm

I was watching some of the videos that came out of SketchUp's Basecamp 2016. Many of you have probably seen it as well if you are getting SketchUp's email updates.

What impressed me the most out of the keynote speech was the work by Alex Hogrefe. Beside being completely amazing work, I was totally inspired by the level of artistry in what he creates. Just a quick tour of his work (https://visualizingarchitecture.com) will show you immediately what I'm talking about. What I've always loved about 3D modeling and rendering is the art side. To see these designs presented as real works of art amazes me.

If you haven't seen the video, check out his website. No, he's not a Twilight Render user. But his techniques can be used with pretty much any render engine (along with Photoshop or Gimp of course!). And the mind-blowing part is that his website has tons of tutorials where he shows you how he does these things! Amazing.

I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

JDZYN
SketchUp: 2017

Re: SketchUp Basecamp speaker, Alex Hogrefe

Post by JDZYN » Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm

While he doesn't use twilight... he DID start out with Kerkythea... which is likely where many of us started, too.