Texture rendering as black

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
donney86

Texture rendering as black

Post by donney86 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:07 pm

I downloaded a group of textures off the 3D Warehouse. And, the texture I decided to use is rendering as black.

Also, the background ground is not rendering.
Attachments
Image rendered with Twilight
Image rendered with Twilight
Building House Plan #4 rev Cover Page.jpg (1000.23 KiB) Viewed 5533 times
Image exported directly from SketchUp
Image exported directly from SketchUp
Building House Plan #4 rev.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 5533 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Texture rendering as black

Post by Chris » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 am

This is undoubtedly a back face / front face issue. Make sure your front faces are showing (and they are probably painted black).

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:12 pm

donney86 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:07 pm I downloaded a group of textures off the 3D Warehouse. And, the texture I decided to use is rendering as black.

Also, the background ground is not rendering.
The SketchUp green ground will not render. In order to render a ground plane, insert the object for "Infinite Plane" and paint the ground plane the color or texture you want it to be.
It is better, however, to use a Spherical sky in the the Spherical Sky slot in the Environment Settings Dialog. I suggest a Treeline Sky which will surround your model with a treeline, a grassy ground, and blue sky with clouds. There are a few available for free to Pro users in our Resources section.

donney86

Post by donney86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:13 pm

The front face is facing outward. And, back face is default paint not black.
I was going to attach the siding textures as a skp model, but even a small skp file is too big to attach.

Where do I find the object for "Infinite Plane"?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:23 pm

it's not possible that a small sketchup file is too big to attach. :? Did you purge the model before saving?
Create new empty scene, try again.

Extensions>Twilight V2> Objects > choose object (may only be available to Pro users)

It's possible that siding image is some strange format image embedded in the material.
Open the image for editing using SketchUp's "Open image to edit" feature.
Save the texture as a .jpg or .png file, and insert the texture into SketchUp the old fashioned way. It should render no problem.
If we had the file we would be able to answer right away.
You can host the file on a hosting service like dropbox and post link if too big for attachment.