Attaching twilight info to model being sent to another computer

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Pingo

Attaching twilight info to model being sent to another computer

Post by Pingo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi all, I know this info is here because I've done it before but I can't find it and can't remember how to do it!

How do I download the model to open on another computer with all the twilight material and scene information so I don't have to set it all up again?

Thank you!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Attaching twilight info to model being sent to another computer

Post by Fletch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:34 pm

All Twilight info is automatically saved inside the model. Any computer you open the SketchUp scene with and on which you have Twilight Render installed will be able to render the scene with no further effort from you.

The exception would be if there are bump maps or sky maps textures that are on a specific location on Computer A, while when you open the SketchUp scene on Computer B then you may find those maps missing. These maps should be located on a shared central server to continue without a problem.

In the case of not having a central server location for your textures you will need to package up your file for sharing. This only works with Pro users, open Render Dialog > Render Menu > Export To Zip
If you don't need the .xml file that is created in that zip file, simply delete it. That is for if you are exporting the scene for opening with Kerkythea Render Studio, and likely doesn't apply to you in this case.

Pingo

Post by Pingo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Hmm I think because I'm using the hobby version V2 at work and pro version V1 at home. This might be the problem. I took the model home and tried to render and all the materials and bump maps were black in Twilight.

On second look, no, both are pro but different versions.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:28 pm

There are some pretty considerable differences between V2 and V1. You can manually convert V1 to V2, but it works on the entire scene so you would want to convert any V1 components / scenes before importing into a V2 scene.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Chris is right, but it sounds like the opposite is the case, you are trying to open a V2 scene into V1 which is not possible.
V2 Hobby will render the scene no problem., V2 hobby is free, faster, and better than V1 pro in several ways.