Headless/Standalone mode

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
Tampa
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Headless/Standalone mode

Post by Tampa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 pm

I know this is asking much, but I having some problems with getting Sketchup to work on my vmware cluster the issue I keep running into is that Sketchup itself requires hardware acceleration, which is something my cluster cannot do. I was wondering if there are any plans to maybe offer a way to render using twilight in a standalone mode not requiring Sketchup to be installed or running?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Headless/Standalone mode

Post by Fletch » Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Not currently.
You can export from Pro to Kerkythea format and render on net render even to Linux ver. of KT. Not sure if that helps?
Check out kerkythea.net

Tampa
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by Tampa » Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 am

Kerkythea actually just tends to die at resolutions above 4k, which is a bit annoying, but I been able to make some headway toward using it for animations. Unfortunately it simply is too unstable to use, I wake up the next morning to a "Stopped responding" error from it. I'll maybe just find something cheap on ebay that has a gpu to do the job. Be neat if you guys could explore some other export options for animations maybe, but in the meantime I'll make it work :)

Oh btw, I get requests now from people asking me to render things for them, what a compliment that is huh :D

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 am

Tampa wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 am Kerkythea actually just tends to die at resolutions above 4k, which is a bit annoying, but I been able to make some headway toward using it for animations. Unfortunately it simply is too unstable to use, I wake up the next morning to a "Stopped responding" error from it. I'll maybe just find something cheap on ebay that has a gpu to do the job. Be neat if you guys could explore some other export options for animations maybe, but in the meantime I'll make it work :)
Sorry to hear - 4K + HQ textures could be using up RAM
To be fair there have been times KT net render didn't work, but we were never able to figure out why. It's quite random. But it did seem to happen on higher resolution images. :?
Oh btw, I get requests now from people asking me to render things for them, what a compliment that is huh :D
:^: