PBR materials in deep editor

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Horpah
SketchUp: Sketchup 8

PBR materials in deep editor

Post by Horpah » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 am

Hello again.

I've tried to search forum for this topic. And honestly i didn't find any answer.

There is a bunch of free PBRs on Internet. I wonder how to correctly assingn all textures from material in deep editor (for example roughness, displacement and so on. - example in attachment)

Snap2.jpg
Snap2.jpg (52.41 KiB) Viewed 4510 times

I want to add some "imperfections" too (like footprints on floor, dust, dirt) - how to assign them? And how to "mask" it not to cover all floor but random places?

And second thing.

I've tried to search forum for importing kerkythea materials into TWR. But when I put in search "Kerkythea material" phrase it's simply ignored (to many times appears in forum). I have almost all materials from kerkythea (I've used kerky a lot before i found TWR). Maybe quick link into tutorial?

Kind Regards

Dawid

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: PBR materials in deep editor

Post by Chris » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi Dawid, welcome.

Regarding a KT material tutorial, your in luck, there is one! :D https://www.twilightrender.com/index.ph ... -libraries

If you haven't seen them, there are many others as well, here: https://www.twilightrender.com/index.php/tutorials

In regard to creating a material that uses those commonly available images, I wouldn't be surprised if there already is a post somewhere (maybe in the tips&tricks forum). But we can probably put together an example material that uses those. (Well, some of those anyway. The KT render engine doesn't support the use of AO and displacement textures. But still, using normal, roughness, and color textures, you can create some very realistic materials.)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: PBR materials in deep editor

Post by Fletch » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Advanced Reflection Materials
Fletch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 pm ...you'll want to use a Advance Reflection Template and a custom bump and custom spec map - apply the Template>Advanced Reflection>Tile, Mapped and load your Reflection map (specular map) and load your bump map. Adjust the IOR and shininess to whatever you like. (try default first, you can also, even after loading the maps, apply the Advanced Reflection Concrete Mapped template for different set up of reflections and IOR)

You can always then convert the material (after applying a template) to a Deep Material and modify any settings further from there.

I have, in this example, used the bump map also in the specular map slot (images attached) - if you create a proper specular map it will give you even better results.