ET Phone Home

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

ET Phone Home

Post by posodrac » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi everyone, this is my latest render, I called it "ET Phone Home", taken from a dialog of Spielberg's movie (just a reminder for younger people)! Like all my more complex renders, this one also - in a surrealistic way - brings us a subliminal message. So let me be your interpreter in case you'r not confortable with it. It's about the still coexistence, in the 21st century of the old, antique and outworn with the new and fresh tech, like an inherit nostalgia in our deep conscious. It's about our pursuit on getting pleasure in something different, else than your job or to what you were trained for - in this case someone that worked hard all year long to have a couple days show-off. Some call it a hobby, but we tend to ignore the word, by simply give some of our time to the local Fire Department after a 9 to 5 clerk job, writing a novel after polishing some cabinets at the factory or in my case, do 3d modeling and renders after driving a truck. I'm playing with conspiracy theories, invoking the same human problems that also, surely affect other intelligent forms of life in the universe, unlike the Hollywood trend.
I target this one to "premier" at Halloween, but it was not possible due to my lack of time. So I postponed to the upcoming latino's freakout season called Carnival or Mardi Gras, not that I portray myself in this pagan festivities, being a latino too!
ETphoneHome5_web.jpg
ETphoneHome5_web.jpg (987.99 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
I only modeled the flying saucer, ground, the back of the truck, and other minor things. I needed to combine 3 different models to get the left figure and bend the right arm and some fingers of the embarrassed driver. Rendered two 4K images with diferent presets, 100 passages each - well before Fast Forward Denoising. Used mostly caustics and shades from the 10 preset, that took longer than 11 preset, don't know why! Again, saved different edited files using the Twilight Render editor for a more accurate external P.P. later on. You might ask about the warped reflection coming from the "UTO" - Unidentified Towed Object - , it's really a bump map along a reflective one, from TR procedurals textures, with a best result using a IES file fixed to the street light component - not showing in the scene - to light it up. After, I've passed it through a HDR filter from Nik Collection to enhance the contrast and use it has a layer.
I ended up with several images, some with more saturated colors and sharpness than others. I chose this one to present here, it has little less saturation for the foreground and kept colors of the HDR background.
I'm no Banksy but if I can get a LOL from you, I'll be happy.

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: ET Phone Home

Post by tuna57 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Crazy ! What's not to like. :clap: :rspkt:
TwilightPro V2.11

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:38 pm

This is a MASTERPIECE posodrac! :hug:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Post by Mike1158 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Magic, it takes me back to being a child and reading comics in the shop, (What do you think this is boy, a library"?). Images like this one always bring a smile to my face. :^: :clap: :rspkt: :whoot:

RTD Laboratories
SketchUp: Make 2017

Post by RTD Laboratories » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Amazing result! :rspkt: :gj: :clap:

I love the humor in your works too, keep it up :D
Andrew F

rangerrick
SketchUp: 15

Post by rangerrick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:35 pm

This is outstanding work from conception of the idea to the execution of your modeling, texturing and rendering skills. Your renders are sophisticated in a way that they always have a story to elicit from the viewer. I'm a huge enthusiast of anything UFO related. In admiration :hat: :rspkt:

Oh, I do see the street lamp that doesn't show in the scene...it's reflection is in the UTO's dome. :lol:

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Post by posodrac » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Thanks for the comments. :hat:
The conception of this kind of renders come to me mostly before sleep wille in bed and because they take long to prepare, I have the oportunity to make a brainstorming with time it self.
I already have 4 themes to approach, 3 already with a defined layout. So if someone interested in a franchising let me know :lol: