Will the resulting texture atlas from Render-to-Texture work properly with models outside of Sketchup?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pavior4871

Will the resulting texture atlas from Render-to-Texture work properly with models outside of Sketchup?

Post by pavior4871 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:03 pm

I have not purchased the add-on to see for myself. I'd like to export my models for use in Unity and I wanted to know if the texture atlas will project properly even outside of Sketchup. Prolly a silly question but just wanted to make sure.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Will the resulting texture atlas from Render-to-Texture work properly with models outside of Sketchup?

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes, as long as the export process doesn't make changes to the UV mapping. Which it shouldn't, but I've not tried every export method that SU supports. I just tested with a .obj export to make sure and it imported into a third party modeler with all the UVs and texture fully intact.

pavior4871

Re: Will the resulting texture atlas from Render-to-Texture work properly with models outside of Sketchup?

Post by pavior4871 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Thanks, Chris! That's exactly what I needed to hear.