I see the sky when I render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: I see the sky when I render

Post by Chris » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:51 pm

stefan888 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm but where do i find that update content which is now as you say set to none :( ?
In the render window, in the toolbar, the second row on the left side, labeled "Update Content".

Have you gone through our tutorials? It's a good starting place. https://www.twilightrender.com/index.php/tutorials

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am

stefan888 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm
but where do i find that update content which is now as you say set to none :( ?
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 6.27.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 6.27.32 PM.png (223.17 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
Hi Stefan,
These are classic mistakes of every beginner:
1. Changing settings randomly not knowing what they do.

For instance, you have set the Render Dialog "Scene" setting to "Scene 12" but this may not actually be advisable. This would be done only if you do NOT want your current camera view to be rendered, but only that one particular scene view. If you are "playing around" learning Twilight you will likely want your "Scene" setting to be set to "current view". Otherwise you will start to wonder why every time you try to render a new view angle it only renders that same "scene 12" camera angle.

2. Not following the beginner tutorials, but rather "just diving into the deep end" thinking this will be easy.

Rendering your model is a highly complex and technical pursuit. While it is also a lot of fun. The process will go much more quickly and be more enjoyable for you if you follow the tutorials. The professional workflow and approach to learning this new software:

Render first with simple new scene: A single cube with a single light inside, for example. Render with low render settings and low resolution so that preliminary renderings happen fast. This eliminates the hundreds of possible things that could go wrong, so that you gain proficiency with one thing at a time. It speeds up troubleshooting.
It is advisable to not change multiple settings before learning what they do, you will only cause yourself frustration and slow down your learning curve.
Follow tutorials carefully on the topic you are interested in... in this case lighting. There are 3-4 videos for lighting:

stefan888

Post by stefan888 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am

Guys Hi,

First of all i wanna thank you so much on your immense patience.
All those tutorials i already saw, but finally i understood where i was making a huge mistake.
In my process of work, the biggest mistake i was doing was that i didn't deselected chosen lights before clicking render.
That's why everything was blueish, because practically i was rendering the lamp for itself.(as long as i really understand the real procedure of rendering...)
Now everything goes pretty easier, it's just up to me now to clarify adjustments that i need to do for each illumination i choose.(of course by watching your tutorials :^: )

Thank you once more for your support!
:rspkt:

BR

Stefan