What would you do with this little scene?

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Re: What would you do with this little scene?

Post by Mike1158 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:11 am

The grass and wall are hdri which is why the shadow was missing from the bench. I mad a box with one face removed and made the interior faces for the hdri. I will post an image when rendering a current render is complete.

I have tried adding the hdri file but it is again being rejected. I'll think of something

hdri zip is on my one drive. https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3B9C5A96A ... 96AA152674
Attachments
hdri 'box'
hdri 'box'
scena studio legno-TWL 3.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 9027 times

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:02 pm

I have had to rethink the whole scene again for reasons of practicality. I thought about what I would wabt from the space if it were mine and came up with.

A much nicer seat than a tall stool which seems an odd place to read on.
Protection from direct light to make it easier to read
Something to listen to music from.
A proper deck rather than concrete.

I think I have learned quite a bit from looking at this scene and going through changes piece by piece, it seems so anyway.
Attachments
?
?
scena studio legno-TWL 2_Scene 4 8 45p 2h 49m Ir 0 a R.jpg (312.25 KiB) Viewed 9011 times

RTD Laboratories
SketchUp: Make 2017

Post by RTD Laboratories » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Well, took a bit longer than I wanted to but here's my take on this. I ended up re-modelling most of the scene because that was easier than fixing the existing geometry, but didn't really change much as far as the layout goes.
Final_Version_Edited.jpg
Final_Version_Edited.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 9009 times
The main changes are:
- Expanded the view and added an HDR background for the outside, added a proper window.
- Changed most of the materials for a better match, mainly the wall, floor and trim textures.
- Added a carpet, mirror, wall outlet. Replaced the items on the shelves and the plant with more realistic versions, as well as replacing the magazines with books.
- Some other minor changes like lighting and small adjustments for the existing models (paintings, chair)

Only post-pro is some light color grading, adding a bit of bloom and denoising the render (the TWR Denoiser doesn't work for some reason :? )

Oh, I also figured I should try make some videos on how I go about making my renders, and just give a more detailed explanation than what I can do here. So this scene would be my first video and hopefully I would have that up by the end of the week or so. If this works out I might even make more of them in the future :D

[Edit] Video will be delayed for a bit, was hoping to get it done earlier but had issues with my editing software. Going away for a while now so it won't be out for a few more weeks :roll:
Last edited by RTD Laboratories on Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew F

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 pm

Nice one Andrew, looking forward to the video. :^:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey Andrew, :hat: :clap:

The denoise artifacts are strong... hope you will render more clearly and I'm very much looking forward to your video :whoot:

RTD Laboratories
SketchUp: Make 2017

Post by RTD Laboratories » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:57 am

Thanks! Yeah the quality not great, I was in a bit of a rush to get it up and had to re-render it when I realized I had an object without a material applied. Letting it render again now tho ;)
Andrew F