BEYOND Frustrated

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
JennProc

BEYOND Frustrated

Post by JennProc » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:48 pm

I am hoping someone can help me....I am NOT a computer programmer by any means. I have recently switched my rendering software from Enscape to Twilight Render and I regretting it. Why are animations so complicated? I cannot figure out how to download and/or even use FFMPEG to create my animation.....and the create GIF does not work either. I am honestly pretty fed up with the software at this point. I am hoping someone can help me but I am very close to just going back to Enscape. I have wasted so much time on this today. Ugh sorry for the rant.

Jenn :evil:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: BEYOND Frustrated

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi Jenn,
Very sorry to hear of the frustration.

It is suggested to render image series, then to use a video editor to create your video from the image series.

ffmpeg integration was added as an option in order to export the video file directly, but if it's not working for you, then simply use any video editor to create your video.

If you are on Windows, there are a couple of free video editors available.
Fletch wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 am That is frustrating for sure.
You can simply render all images to .jpg or .png into a file, and use any normal video editor to load that folder as an image sequence and define the frame rate of the video there. The FFmpeg tool obviously does this for you more conveniently, but it is not required to make a video.

For converting a folder full of .jpg images to video:
Subject: Making a movie - I have these images, now what?
Subject: Animation sequence to H.264/MP4 video

jimrise

Re: BEYOND Frustrated

Post by jimrise » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:55 am

I have been using Twilight Render for about 2-3 months and disagree with you. It's not as difficult as you described, you just need to check out a few guides and be more patient ;)
According to the Cancer compatibility, I get along with Taurus and Scorpio. These two zodiac signs are my soulmates.