Material libraries does not appear

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Material libraries does not appear

Post by Fletch » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 pm

MEM wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:24 pm Do you think eventually those operations in the Deep Material window, the arborescence paths to go through, could be transformed to take the form of the template material window, a bit more user friendly interface ??? Just thinking out loud here... I hope you don't mind me asking ? :totgm:
You are welcome to ask anything you like!
We are looking at a way to automate the loading of the different PBR texture files automatically into a new material. This would be challenging as Poliigon may have one naming convention and another texture website have a completely different naming convention.

But yes, ease of use is the goal for sure. Most people don't need to use Deep Editor. I rarely venture into the deep editor as we have made every effort to make sure all the templates exist that you need. The rare exception is needing to load a normal map instead of a bump map.

That said, this is something we are looking at. Thank you for your suggestion! :hat:

Meanwhile, if you have a material you are trying to build and don't see the template for that material, please ask and we will see if we already have you covered or if we are lacking something important.