Share your materials, models, and resources for Twilight
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
When trying to render with many panes of glass/acrylic I am unable to ge tthe light ot pass through the panes of glass. I have tried every trick I have found from changing materials, changing the environment, changing the lighting, and am still failing at figuring this out. I have towers of acrylic boxes basically that just will not render clear throughout for anything! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?!?
- Glass.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
If that doesn't work, please post scene for diagnosis.Fletch wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 pm
Download Sample Scene Here
See attached images for example.
- Build your box with each face as a solid thickness that is realistic to the actual material, such as 1/8" or 4mm
- Apply any color, and rename it to "Perspex ", "Acrylic", or "Plexi", whatever you like.
- Make the color pure white.
- Apply material Template>Architectural Glass>Common
- Set IOR to match that of the Perspex (Plexiglass = 1.5)
- Set Alpha to 3 to start, if you want it more opaque, set it up to 5, or 10. If you want it perfectly clear set it to 0.
- Bevel the edges of each piece of Perspex the way it would be in real life for an even more realistic look.
Important things to think about:
- What specific material are you using?
- How is the model built?
- Am I lighting this subject in the proper way?
- Which render setting am I using?
Each render setting is optimized (biased) for specific situations, therefore the number of transparencies calculated by the rays passing through surfaces is deliberately limited in order to speed render times for typical architectural renderings. Off the top of my head it's something like 4 bounces for Low, 5 for medium, and maybe 7 for high render settings.
If you render with Easy 09 or Easy 10 that problem is eliminated as they have unbiased ray tracing settings (hundreds of bounces).
Or you can learn to customize the ray tracing render settings - go here:Render Settings Tips
- Render Settings - the Best One
- How to Modify Twilight Render Settings
- Easy 1-7 Photon Mapping and Final Gather (Biased)
- Progressive Rendering (Unbiased Method)
Subject: Rendering transparent objects
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests