Long Render Time & Problem Adding Outdoor Scene

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
SEBB89

Long Render Time & Problem Adding Outdoor Scene

Post by SEBB89 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:45 pm

Hi All,

I'm a self-taught SketchUp & Twilight user, as part of completing an interior design course. I've hit a stumbling block with one of my designs...I've done 'something' to mess up my model whilst trying to add a street scene outside the window (which failed) and now my render times are ridiculous (2 hours on the 'low' setting). I've deleted the photo that I turned into an emitter outside the window and also tried to restore the Twilight environment back to 'physical sky'...with no improvement to said render time. Argh.

Please can someone remind me what the Twilight environment default is and also give some ideas what else could be slowing down a render that used to be fast (I don't believe I've changed anything else)?

Also a simple guide to adding a street scene outside the window, that can be seen through a rendered glass window (a single pane of architectural common glass)? I tried to watch the Twilight tutorial on creating spherical sky etc, but I'm not sure if it's too complex just for an interior design that involves 2 windows.

Help! Thanks in advance.

Sarah

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Long Render Time & Problem Adding Outdoor Scene

Post by Fletch » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:55 pm

SEBB89 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:45 pm Hi All,

I'm a self-taught SketchUp & Twilight user, as part of completing an interior design course. I've hit a stumbling block with one of my designs...I've done 'something' to mess up my model whilst trying to add a street scene outside the window (which failed) and now my render times are ridiculous (2 hours on the 'low' setting). I've deleted the photo that I turned into an emitter outside the window and also tried to restore the Twilight environment back to 'physical sky'...with no improvement to said render time. Argh.

Please can someone remind me what the Twilight environment default is and also give some ideas what else could be slowing down a render that used to be fast (I don't believe I've changed anything else)?

Also a simple guide to adding a street scene outside the window, that can be seen through a rendered glass window (a single pane of architectural common glass)? I tried to watch the Twilight tutorial on creating spherical sky etc, but I'm not sure if it's too complex just for an interior design that involves 2 windows.

Help! Thanks in advance.

Sarah
For the emitter plane of street scene, set it to "Fake Emit" and it will add NO render time. Do this will all emitter surfaces. Emitter surfaces are best with Easy 09 interior render setting. Easy 1-7 render settings it is better to use points and spot lights.

For restoring default sky use this button and choose "Default".

See also my tips in this recent thread when someone had a similar problem.
Subject: Very slow render time
Attachments
default-sky.jpg
default-sky.jpg (159.61 KiB) Viewed 70929 times

SEBB89

Post by SEBB89 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:21 am

Hi Fletch,

Thank you very much for this advice. It turns out I'd already set the environment back to default, but I did need to make my scene outside the windows a 'fake' emitter. I also exploded my windows and it turns out there was an additional pane of glass in there, so after removing that, I could see the outdoor image after rendering. Duh.

The slow render time seems to have improved now I've removed an LED emitter strip I added underneath the kitchen units. I've now removed this to save time, but for my reference in future, would another type of Twilight lighting also create a realistic LED Strip? Or should I stick with using emitters and use render setting 9? Thanks.

Sarah

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:13 am

you can try a stip of tiny low powered lights.
Attachments
strip.jpg
strip.jpg (159.37 KiB) Viewed 70911 times

SEBB89

Post by SEBB89 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:41 pm

OK thanks Fletch. Will try it next time :)

alexm394

Post by alexm394 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:32 pm

I have same issue,any other proper solution? A chart template is a pre-designed framework used to display data visually, typically in the form of graphs, pie charts, bar charts, line charts, or other graphical representations. Blood sugar chart templates typically include columns or sections for dates, times of the day, blood sugar readings, and any notes or observations related to factors that may affect blood sugar levels, such as meals, medication, exercise, or stress.
Last edited by alexm394 on Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:19 pm

Alex, what does "proper solution" mean?
The solution is clearly and carefully explained above.