Problem on picture

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Problem on picture

Post by Fletch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:39 pm

1 license of Twilight = 1 commercial license = 1 machine only.
1 license of Twilight = 2 personal licenses = 2 machines only = must request from each machine requiring a license.

Exporting from Twilight and rendering with Kerkythea is a good commercial option if you want to render on more than one machine commercially... or buy another Twilight license for each commercial use machine.

Part of making Twilight affordable for everyone is that if someone is benefitting commercially from using it, then a license will typically be paid for after rendering only 1 commercial image. (this may vary from country to country, but we have worked hard to assure that Twilight is extremely affordable in almost any country.)

If using Twilight for personal enjoyment on a desktop and a laptop, after installing on your second machine you must generate a license request on that second machine and send it the same process as for the first license on the first machine.

Zacchia
SketchUp: 7.1.6860

Post by Zacchia » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Today i got an error message of the sendet file "scene" i have sendt at 27.10.2009. Did you get this file? Sendt at support at twilightrender dot com
Windows XP, Arcon VA HausDesigner Professional, SketchUp Pro, CasCADos 2.0.551, TheaRender, TwilightRender

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:51 pm

we did not receive anything from you.

Zacchia

Post by Zacchia » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:57 pm

OK i try again. The adress is correct?
Windows XP, Arcon VA HausDesigner Professional, SketchUp Pro, CasCADos 2.0.551, TheaRender, TwilightRender

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:15 am

Ok, I have opened the file.

It is a very tiny model and a HUGE file!
  1. This is because it was converted/imported into SketchUp from the .3ds or .obj format.
  2. This has created every object in the scene as a component.
  3. There are 920 completely unique components! None of them are used more than once! This is extremely inefficient and causing many problems.
  4. There are also sloppy meshes created from these .obj or .3ds imports, and it is a well-known issue with SketchUp.
  5. I am 100% confident in saying that if you had created this file from scratch within SketchUp, the odd artefacts appearing in the rendering would not exist.
  6. I am unable to even export the file to .xml, it simply fails. So there is clearly something wrong happening when importing this model into SketchUp.
I purged the file using purgeall.rb. This did not help much, but did get rid of some things.
I ran ThomThom's Cleanup script on it and it actually stumbled for a moment but eventually got thru the file... which meant that it was indeed a messed up file. But it did not seem to clean up much.
I attempted to explode all the unique components in the file... SketchUp is still thinking about it. More to come...

Zacchia

Post by Zacchia » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 am

OK Thanks
So this is just the way i can handle it. I build scene with architecture software and there i can only export as 3ds. Import this in SU and then i jused to exported in KT and so i do until today and now also try with TWL. I think there is no way else. But do not worry, other files with the same way are without any problems get rendered in TWL :D The file i have sent was also in KT rendered without problems. So i hope most files are working fine. Now i beginn to understand TWL better and better and i like it more and more ;) Thanks again for great support.

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 am

There are also sloppy meshes created from these .obj or .3ds imports, and it is a well-known issue with SketchUp.
So what other formats are recommended?
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie