Twilight 1.1!!

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
Stu

Twilight 1.1!!

Post by Stu » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 am

I'd like to say a big thanks to the TW guys for the 1.1 upgrade!!

For me, at least, having support for TGA transparency is fantastic!! The lack of, previously, was holding me back from having a real bash with Twilight.

Stu

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: Twilight 1.1!!

Post by Ecuadorian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:24 am

Trick: Assign the letter O to the new View Tool for easier access. If you have a three-button mouse you won't miss no longer having that shortcut linked to the native orbit tool.

In SketchUp, go to Window > Preferences > Shortcuts and start to write "Twilight" in the filter box.
View Tool.PNG
View Tool.PNG (23.74 KiB) Viewed 10420 times

Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

Post by Boofredlay » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:22 pm

I want to add my thanks as well. I am just now getting around to upgrading.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Yes, thanks for the new release and those fixes and features (I already have some new wishes in mind though ;-) )
I even placed a short note about in The Daily CatchUp - although best would be to add a nice image to every new release so I don1t have to hunt for "used" ones on the site. ;-)

Unfortunately during the week-end, my machine crashed so I reinstalled Windows and requested a new license for TL. Then it turned out that it wasn't my OS but a broken HD so I got a new HD and of course, reinstalled Windows again then requested a license. :roll:

Sorry for the hassle guys with those licenses - but at least now I have a brand new SU release and also a brand new TL release installed. :^:
Ecuadorian wrote:Trick: Assign the letter O to the new View Tool for easier access...
Hm... I have Offset set to O in SU (but yes, I know, there are other options, too)
;)
Gai...

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Gaieus wrote:... now I have a brand new SU release ... installed.
oh yeah?!... care to tell us more about it?! :totgm: :halo:

d12dozr
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Post by d12dozr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 pm

-Marcus

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm

well, as Gaieus is a beta tester I was hoping it was more juicy than that...

but this is very important :!:
Selection/inferencing was not as precise. Previously, when picking or inferring entities, it was sometimes necessary to zoom in more in 7.1 than in previous versions of SketchUp and SketchUp could feel less snappy. Selection and inferencing should be back to feeling accurate and snappy.

Intersection inferences could no longer be found in some cases. When two faces intersected, the intersection inference was not always found unless x-ray mode was turned on. Intersection inferences should now be available again in this case.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 am

Ah yeah, I've had this version for a while already (we tested a couple of maintenance release candidates until everything possibly fit within the time line got sorted out) but for the very final (also public) Windows release, they made one last, little fix that affected some computers during the install process. That's why I said "brand new" although it hadn't affected me previously.

However, as you know, I could never tell any details until the official release notes anyway. ;)

And I hope I will have a fixed computer finally now. So far, it's good.

And back to the new TL version - looking forward to trying it already (will come up with some final images for my Roman basilica project soon)
Gai...

shura
SketchUp: Pro 7.1

Post by shura » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Yep, big Thank You from my side as well!!!
The improved projection lights are just so much better to handle, applause! :clap: