Help! Rendered Animations

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
d12dozr
SketchUp: 8 Pro

Re: Help! Rendered Animations

Post by d12dozr » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:01 am

ashscott wrote:By the way, and this could be totally unrealistic, is it possible to get external processing capacity for PCs? For example a high power cpu that you can submit renders to through a USB port? Is anything remotely like that possible?

The other thing I wondered was whether you can create a render farm and somehow convince twilight that all the other processors are simply additional cores to the main processor? IE run more threads?
Hi Ash, please see this post... http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7051 It was done with Kerkythea, but it should do-able with Twilight as well, but I'm not sure how. If you do figure it out, please let us know as I'm sure many of us would find it useful :^:

I'm sure somebody else will chime in with better answers...
-Marcus

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Help! Rendered Animations

Post by Fletch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:51 pm

Twilight's current net-rendering application is Kerkythea. This is the thread I was thinking of.

What you are asking for is called "net-rendering" or simply a faster computer with 16 or 32 or 512 cores perhaps? :lol:

Net Rendering will eventually come to Twilight. Until then, you will need to learn to use Kerkythea for this. Don't be afraid Kerkythea is one of the easiest apps I know for rendering... We just made it even easier for SketchUp users... a LOT easier. ;)