Animation Cells changing size during rendering

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Animation Cells changing size during rendering

Post by JGA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:42 pm

I've hit a wee snag.
I've been rendering in the background over the day, the PC has been a bit sluggish & the TWIL pane refuses to close - but that's not a real problem.
However, I've found that somewhere along the line that the render output size has slightly changed size from 508 px to 476 px high!
I think it was my fiddling while the rendering is in progress-
1. I changed both the SKP window size during the render,
2. Right clicked on the TWIL pane & set "Fit image to screen".
3. Fit to view view proportions was also ticked.

I'm not sure which was the cause (a combination of 1 & 3?) - it's still rendering, but its a problem to be aware of.

I think the lesson is - no tinkering while TWIL is busy!
JGA

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Animation Cells changing size during rendering

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Ah yes. This may not be published anywhere... if not, my apologies.

Twilight uses the SU view / pages / scene manager. This allows it to take advantage of layer and object visibility, sun and shadow changes, and a variety of 3rd party ruby plugins (SketchyPhysics is actually done differently).

As a result, this means that when rendering an animation, you should not do anything that might modify the view. If you do, you might get lucky and not actually effect your render. But there is a small chance that you will cause a change in the rendered view. With one exception: if you have "Fit to view proportions" checked, and you modify the view proportions, it is a 100% chance that you will change the rendered view! :lol: If you have the "Fit to view proportions" unchecked, you might get away with it.

Clicking the "Fit image to screen" menu item won't effect your animation in anyway, only how the image is displayed in the render window.

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Re: Animation Cells changing size during rendering

Post by JGA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. The animation was just a test, (trying to convince my wife of the idea that erecting a car port over the drive won't cut down the daylight too much) so no damage done.
Additional notes on animation rendering can be another item for the updated manual v1.1.1!
JGA