Is there a Tutorial?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Re: Is there a Tutorial?

Post by Gaieus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Joe,

I have replied in your SCF topic:
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 79&t=23860

(Sorry TL Team - that solution - if works at all - would not include TL in the workflow)
;)
Gai...

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by Ecuadorian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Pilou, I asked about Unity because I understand that LightUp can export to it. I've never used it myself.

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

No problem :)
I have not yet found a correct workflow for that :!
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Joe, what is your native language please?
I think we are having difficulty communicating because of a language issue. :| Or just that you do not like to communicate to us in full detailed explanation type sentences. I am not sure.

either you do not understand what we are telling you, or we do not understand what you are trying to tell us, or both!

in the image you attached, it's too small for me to understand your issue.

Texture Baking does not exist in SketchUp.

LightUp for SketchUp texture bakes an Ambient Occlusion type lighting rendering into the textures for you... you may want to look at that application.

Sepo

Post by Sepo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:35 pm

It bakes Direct lighting, indirect lighting, HDR lighting and AO or mix of.

Joe52

Post by Joe52 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm

@Fletch it came from three things:
1. I had to follow a style guide for a number of years with 7-15 word sentences in short paragraphs to the point where it became habit; and
2. Past experience with some of the gaming content forums. There's a tendency to just read the first few words of a long post and to run with it. If I brought up the portion they skipped I was flammed for insulting their intelligence.
3. I'm relatively new to 3D, so the vocabulary is also a problem.

I'm sorry about the quality of the illustration, I'm using what they provided. I know there's no texture baking in Sketchup like in 3D Max. I believe they used it with the 3D Max model. In the illustration that I attached, looking at the 3D Max model the three problem areas are: the top, the inside of the left leg, and the outside of the right leg. The top has a raised smaller rectangle with bevel from it's edges to the outside edge of the top. On the inside of the left leg the texture is lighter than the texture on cross member at the bottom. The outside of the right leg looks like it has a vertical grove in the middle and there's two decorative knobs.

In the SketchUp model, you can't see what I mentioned above and there is no distinction between the inside of the left leg and the cross member. The 3D Max model looks like the texture changed tones to see the details, but the SketchUp, even though it uses the same texture, is darker and loses the details that you can see in the 3D Max model.
texturemarked.jpg
texturemarked.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 7939 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 pm

:?
there are some issues here.
Attachments
usesunforshading.jpg
usesunforshading.jpg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 7935 times