A head's up...

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
tomsdesk

A head's up...

Post by tomsdesk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:02 pm

...in case I'm not the only one who doesn't know: using the "all on" and "all off" in the "from scene" pull-down on the lights menu includes the sun! Took me a day and a half of trying to find out what I (or the program) did to my model when I suddenly lost the light coming in thru the windows and could only get it back by copy/pasting everything to a different file.

Funny thing is: looks to me (thru the windows) that the sun is indeed still on (it's darker since it only ran for 5 passes, rather than the 200+ of the lower image) when by the checkbox it isn't...?
untitled3lightsoff-after.jpg
untitled3lightsoff-after.jpg (348.28 KiB) Viewed 3338 times
Oh well, just another finger-thump to the back of the head followed by the palm-slap to the forehead...don't you just love computing!?! So remember now (Tom): when you turn off all the lights, turn the sun back on. :?

Anyway, the result of what I was looking for is pretty pleasing, I think:
Attachments
untitled3lightsoff-before.jpg
untitled3lightsoff-before.jpg (256.49 KiB) Viewed 3343 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: A head's up...

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Yes it does, but it does NOT turn off the sky. ;)
To turn off the sky, set it to 'Background Color' and it will be turned "off" by "default" because the default color for the sky is now "BLACK"

after turning your sun back on, try setting your sun slider to "5" it will render faster, and you may like it better.
also be sure to use "architectural glass" for the window.

also, be sure to adjust exposure... guessing a "1.7" instead of default "1" will help.. may need to go higher.