SketchUp freezes on startup, can only run as admin

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
mizike80

SketchUp freezes on startup, can only run as admin

Post by mizike80 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 pm

I installed the trial version and loved it! Stopped using for awhile and forgot about it... then a problem... SketchUp started freezing on startup and would only let me "run as admin"...

I uninstalled the twilight render and that fixed it. I think there is a glitch in the expired trial license that freezes SU. Awesome software, just something to keep in mind... I killed a whole day looking for a solution!!!

Will be buying soon.

Thanks!
Mike

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: SketchUp freezes on startup, can only run as admin

Post by Chris » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi Mike,

Can you give us some more info? What operating system are you using? What version of Twilight? Were you using a different version (OS or Twilight) last time when you didn't have problems?

Twilight doesn't actually have a trial license. It simply runs in demo mode until you activate it with a license. So this might actually still be a problem when you do buy a license. So, it would be great to figure it out.

mizike80

Post by mizike80 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:20 am

Hey Chris!

I am on Windows XP. I tried installing the newest version of twilight, as well as the last one. I wasn't using any different operating systems or versions of twilight or SU. I am going to give it a go on my laptop... which is vista.

I removed all of my plugins from the plugins folder and left only twilight. still crashes. removed twilight. loads fine... I can't figure it out!

Please let me know if you have any other troubleshooting ideas. Thanks!

Mike

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 am

Do a search for Twilight folders. There should be one in you Application Data folder (on XP, C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Twilight). Delete the options.txt and layouts.dat file. Then try SketchUp.

There have been reports of one of these files becoming corrupted and preventing SU from loading.

mizike80

Post by mizike80 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 am

That did it! Thanks Chris!

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 am

Great!

We are working on fixing this, though I'm not actually sure yet what is causing the problem!