New composition/Old theme WIP...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: New composition/Old theme WIP...

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:08 am

Tom, for a "quick rendering" solution... that is, one that involves a non-physically accurate material that approximates quite well the 'look' you are going for, I will need to create/give a little material pack. (had one started :oops: )

for this image by Majid, he rendered with Easy 9 or 10
here are his material settings that are very successful.

I made a test scene with curtains with actual thickness :shock:
here's what it looks like...
It is possible to render this scene with Low+ and have it look ok. But ideally and practically it wants to be rendered in Easy 9
CurtainMaterialTest1.jpg
CurtainMaterialTest1.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
That said, if you have a single face, no thickness, give theShoji Screen Material a try and play with it. It renders well in most settings and also quite quickly.
Ecuadorian wrote:Click aquí para ver la versión en Español.

In this example, the paper is a single face. It has no thickness. Make sure to apply the material to the front face and not the back face.

In SketchUp, apply the material Cladding_Stucco_White within the Brick and Cladding folder.
Now choose the Subsurface Scattering > Wax template in Twilight and change it like this:

But again, he rendered his example with Easy 9 (are we noticing a pattern here? :lol: )

tomsdesk

Re: New composition/Old theme WIP...

Post by tomsdesk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks, Guys, still fussing with the curtains (I'll try out a couple of your suggestions again tonight)...this one is just the default material with "shininess" bumped up to 500+ (though now, after recent discussions here, I'm not sure that is doing anything...?). I'm pretty curtain happy overall, but there are some dead spots that could benefit from some shear cloth "glow" but when I tried SSS I got too much interaction with the sun color rather than with curtain color.

Anyway, the composition is almost done:
Attachments
room-2ol5+.jpg
room-2ol5+.jpg (139.18 KiB) Viewed 2870 times