Modifying texture image

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Modifying texture image

Post by pbacot » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Is there a trick to easily get to modifying a texture that is loaded in TWL similar to the way it is in SketchUp?When I open a texture image from the materials editor it simply opens the folder the texture is in and I have to go hunt for it, hoping I know the name (which isn't shown in TWL without some painful scrolling), so I can then navigate to the folder again and open in an editor to tweak the color etc.

By comparison, in SketchUp, you can add coloration OR double click the image and open directly in an editor. If the image file for SketchUp is not the same, then you're left with finding it in TWL as above.
Last edited by pbacot on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Modifying texture image

Post by Chris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Can you explain a little more what you mean? Are you just looking for an easy way to launch an image editor for a material image (like an edit button)? I think that's pretty easily done if so.

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Re: Modifying texture image

Post by pbacot » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:13 pm

NEVERMIND. I got it.

I just copy the path/filename in the template editor image slot and drag it onto the GIMP icon in the dock. Opens in GIMP and allows me to overwrite the original.

Thanks for your response. Made me think it through more carefully.