Living room and Dining room

The Twilight Render Team shares tips, ideas, helpful hints, and more on using Twilight Render
jinacios2905

Living room and Dining room

Post by jinacios2905 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Hello Freinds!

I'm new in this forum and also a noob in design and rendering.
I'm not an archtect, I'm an industrial engineer.
Design became a hobby to me, and I'm projecting and desining my own house (a house I want to built)

I Would like receive tips from you abou how descorate the space and how to make my rendering more realistic.
Attachments
Sala.jpg
living room and dining room
Sala.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 104 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 7-2018

Re: Living room and Dining room

Post by Fletch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

:welcome: jinacios2905
This is looking very good! :^:

Are you intending the glass to be greenish blue? Normally it would not have a color - if you prefer it to be normal/clear, you should change color of the glass to pure white.

Only way I can see to improve to be more photo realistic would be to use higher quality furniture models (couch for example).

Tone mapping the image after creation is easy and very important for increasing photo realism/how your image is perceived. Tone mapping means to make the contrast/brightness/exposure/saturation/coloration all look its best.

The lighting is looking great here, but of course some artificial lighting would exist in the space, that would be the next step.
See the video tutorials linked in my signature - find the one on Architectural Interior Lighting in Twilight Render see also the one for Twilight Render Tutorial Materials Architectural Interior as it may be helpful.

jinacios2905

Post by jinacios2905 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello @Fletch!

Thanks for the great reception and also for the tips!

I do intent the glass to be a bit green/blue (it's tendence in Brazil), but actually its greener than I really want and I don't know why, I've edited it's opacity to 10% and still too much strong color.

I'll try to find some greater forniture and learn about tonemapping, coz I don't really know how to do it, but I fast learning.

In this rendered ive already added some artficial point light in the ceilling, but I didn't find the components I've seen in your tutorial videos of lights, probably coz I still using hobby version of twilight.

attatched two pics:
one of how the glass seems before rendering and other showing a house with green glass.

One more question.... What template should I use for this kind of couch in the render?
Attachments
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg (58.53 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 96 times
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg
instalacao-de-corrimao-de-vidro-verde.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 96 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 7-2018

Post by Fletch » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:32 pm

jinacios2905 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello @Fletch!

Thanks for the great reception and also for the tips!

I do intent the glass to be a bit green/blue (it's tendence in Brazil), but actually its greener than I really want and I don't know why, I've edited it's opacity to 10% and still too much strong color.
try desaturating color and set opacity to 3%
Use a small material practice scene for your glass or any other material you want to test quickly - with only a few faces in in the scene and good lighting (maybe use studio hdri?) so you can render and render again as you try to get the material correct, then paste that into your scene.
jinacios2905 wrote:
I'll try to find some greater forniture and learn about tonemapping, coz I don't really know how to do it, but I fast learning.
:^:

jinacios2905 wrote:
In this rendered ive already added some artficial point light in the ceilling, but I didn't find the components I've seen in your tutorial videos of lights, probably coz I still using hobby version of twilight.
Subject: Can Light and 2x2 or 2x4 Standard Ceilight Light Components

jinacios2905 wrote:
attatched two pics:
one of how the glass seems before rendering and other showing a house with green glass.
see comment about glass above.
jinacios2905 wrote:
One more question.... What template should I use for this kind of couch in the render?
paint > flat, and set strength of good bump map to 1, try shininess to 7.