final streetscape

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
olishea

Re: final streetscape

Post by olishea » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:14 pm

I post processed the raw renders again as the site is close to being developed. The local paper want some sexy visuals and there will be several 20 foot hoardings around the area so I though I should polish up the photoshop.

I'm also putting together my portfolio so here are a couple of pages....also some info on the quasi clay style a sketchupartists.org; would be rude to leave it out!

mainly desaturation and levels. I also brightened the skies up a bit.

cheers
Oli

olishea

Post by olishea » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Admin people: I would rather these images be used in the showcase section rather than the previous drawing sheets....as the company name, client and drawing numbers appear on them which is a bit naughty. cheers
Oli

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Post by fymoro » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Nice project Oli !!!

It should be very interesting to work on a large project, congrats :^:
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

rangerrick
SketchUp: 15

Post by rangerrick » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:15 am

Great job Oliver. My local City Council would be impressed to recieve a presentation like this. :^:

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:30 am

I really like the technique you used for the left side images on that first portfolio page. Very cool.

olishea

Post by olishea » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 am

thanks people...

I will take photos of the hoardings when they go up....20 foot renders haha!!

Chris: cheers, easy to do as well. You don't have to use Podium either...KT or Twilight can do the same job. To be honest I prefer NPR stuff but I keep getting asked for 'photos'!
Oli

Big James

Post by Big James » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Glad to see it all coming together for you Oli :clap: and thanks for your kind contribution to SketchUpArtists. You have unique visualization skills which are quite apparent in your work :^:
Big James
Sketchupartists
Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and Free Resources
Official Facebook Page

olishea

Post by olishea » Thu May 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Cheers James, I missed your comment a while back sorry. sketchup artists is a fantastic website.

Here is a marketing image involving the same site. Its a postcard for a housing association revealing their efforts for creating carbon neutral "Code 6" eco-homes.

Little bit tacky but good fun to make. Fur plugin again haha!

Oli

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Looks cool Oli, is this the final thing?

Hope you don't mind if I give a little C&C :oops:
Overall image looks a little flat on my screen, did you run a little curve over it already?
Your testversions had more of a 'grass bursting through the tarmac' effect than this one, dunno why though :D
There's so much PV going on on the roof that it took me a while to realise they were in fact PV panels, and not roofing, might be the size of the image though.
The cracks on the tarmac are great, very subtle, love them.
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

olishea

Post by olishea » Thu May 27, 2010 4:19 pm

no, not final image.

they just rang up and were like "oh can you change the angle, oh add some people maybe a car or too....and how about some bushes everywhere, and you know what, lets lose the grass, we want a photographic image"

seriously I nearly lost it. I'm supposed to be on holiday tomorrow and its not gonna happen.

and dont worry about crits mate, i really appreciate it, some people get offended but not me :^:
Oli