Having trouble with sky

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
arklandesign

Having trouble with sky

Post by arklandesign » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 pm

I've been having fun with TR for the past few weeks. Quite amazing results, I have to say....especially so, when I've never done this B4 and know next to nothing about it, apart from reading the manual a few times...

I'm having problems understanding how to get the sky settings set. When I use the Image or sky probe, I get the entire area covered in sky and clouds when I only want the sky to be so.

Ive tried experimenting with different setting with the same poor results..... I must be missing something... that's really easy to explain :O)

Can someone please come to my rescue to explain things or point me to post that cover this issue..... Thanks :O)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Having trouble with sky

Post by Fletch » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 am

to only fill sky, and not below horizon, use "Hemispherical Sky" option in Sky Type pulldown.

this requires that you use an image that was specifically created to be used in this manner... otherwise unexpected results may occur.

look up "free hemispherical sky images" or something like this in your favorite search engine.

from the view you show, you will not see the sky, as you can not see above the horizon... just to be aware ;)

I would perhaps try a hi-res spherical sky for the image you show.

Stu

Post by Stu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 pm

You could always try zooming in a bit and/or extending the ground plane so that you dont get that floating in the sky effect

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by Ecuadorian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Best way to avoid that "floating" effect is to stick with eye-level renders. That's the way everyone is going to see the finished building, anyway. ;)