Help, metal looks not real

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
emfemsem

Help, metal looks not real

Post by emfemsem » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi everyone!
This is my first render testing for an underground wine-cellar. I get trouble with saintless steel things, they look like mirrors :( Can Anyone Help me? Thanks

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Re: Help, metal looks not real

Post by flipya » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Nice model, very detailed. So what exactly do you mean by 'they look like mirrors' ? I don't really see anything looking like a mirror in that image you posted. Please be more specific.

P.S. for future reference: try not to waste 1/3 of the image on a useless frame or signature EDIT: reading this again I realize that sounded a bit harsh, I meant 'useless' as not serving a real purpose on this forum, not useless in general. :oops:
Last edited by flipya on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

shura
SketchUp: Pro 7.1

Post by shura » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 am

welcome to the forum emfemsem! nice first try, i like your model and design. i suppose you used easy01.prelim preset, right? i would like to see a render with a preset that has antialiasing. (pic any of easy exept prelim)
for your question flipya is right, please give more information, otherwise we would be just guessing... if your metal is too reflective you could try reducing the shininess or add a noisy bumpmap.
it is true that your frame looks massive, but for me it kinda works well with the theme, it enhances the feeling of the low ceiling. (Just guessing, but isnt the idea to point out that it is not a finished render?)

cheers

emfemsem

Post by emfemsem » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks so much for your replies...
I tried to reduce the shiness but it seem didnt work. Perhap I should try to add a noisy map.
This sence is rendered by the preset low because in a higher setting i can not wait :(
The clients like the design and they started to build... But I think i must take time to do some better render for sure.
Thanks again and sorry for my "vietnamese english"

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Emfemsem :welcome:
This scene has a nice brushed aluminum perhaps it can help you?
You can copy the object into your scene, and then just use the SU bucket to sample the material and paint it around your scene.