Alphabet inspired sketches

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
majid
SketchUp: make 2017

Re: Alphabet inspired sketches

Post by majid » Sat May 13, 2023 6:09 pm

ntxdave wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:49 pm Received Bruno’s book yesterday. It is small but I have read about 1/4th of it already and am enjoying it. Although he wrote it in 1966 it reads like it was written about today’s world. The concepts are the same. ...
I copy that...
I wish I had the book, I read it years ago, but the ideas resided...
If you find my book inspiring, I have reached the goal... I hope so...
I have no idea about the date, maybe it is a print on demand system...

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Sat May 13, 2023 6:27 pm

majid wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:09 pm If you find my book inspiring, I have reached the goal... I hope so...
Yes, I find it inspiring. :gj: :clap: :hat:

On page 81 you say “Also, I am preparing a book on creativity that I guess would be beneficial to all designers”. Is that still underway?

I need to spend some time (a lot of it) learning how to sketch. I will start out trying to “copy” some of your sketches. At some point, hopefully I will be able to make some of my own modifications but that will take some time I think. As you have seen from some of my other posts, I have a way to go. :rofl: Any recommendations for me improving my “sketching” skills?
majid wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:09 pm I have no idea about the date, maybe it is a print on demand system...
Must be. :rofl:

majid

Post by majid » Sat May 13, 2023 8:16 pm

Happy to know that you found it inspiring... :D This is the best news I have got for a while.
About the creativity: For years I taught creative thinking to several groups that had mobility issues as a volunteer. I shared my experience on my Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/creativi ... CFCQ%3D%3D
There are simple rules ( I followed Alex Ozborn's rules) that make us more creative. And yes I am jotting down my experience. What I learned from Ozborn's method and am adding some sketches.
One may simply google his method ...

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sat May 13, 2023 9:02 pm

majid wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:16 pmThere are simple rules ( I followed Alex Ozborn's rules) that make us more creative. And yes I am jotting down my experience. What I learned from Ozborn's method and am adding some sketches.
One may simply google his method ...
Is this what you are referring to: Applied Imagination

BTW I will be posting my “practice/learning” sketches in the Krita/Sketchbook Learning Discussion thread so I do not contaminate this thread. :) I will save this thread for sketches that I convert to SketchUp and render with Twilight Render. :whoot:

majid

Post by majid » Sun May 14, 2023 3:15 am

I found the essence of Ozborn's method (4 rules) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstorming. That is what we used to go through in each session. :hat:

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sun May 14, 2023 1:41 pm

I like those rules. :^: :clap: :hat:

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Sat May 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Here is a sketch I just created based on the letter Q. It has some problems but my next step is to create the building in Sketch and then render with Twilight Render (which might take a few days).
Q-Building on with Sketchbook on my iPad
Q-Building on with Sketchbook on my iPad
Q-Building-1.png (694.85 KiB) Viewed 4443 times

majid

Post by majid » Mon May 22, 2023 9:52 am

Personal challenge... waiting to see the result.
Do you have any reference image for the environment/landscape, so that make it in Sketchup?

ntxdave

Post by ntxdave » Mon May 22, 2023 3:25 pm

majid wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:52 am Personal challenge... waiting to see the result.
I started working on it but having some problems drawing on a curved surface. Some challenges for sure. :wall:
majid wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:52 am Do you have any reference image for the environment/landscape, so that make it in Sketchup?
No, that is another part of the challenge. I have to dream up something. :D

Another challenge is to come up with a model that can be rendered with TR. this last challenge makes me think that in order to be fair to Twilight Render this discussion and the Krita/Sketchbook Learning Discussion would be more appropriate one a forum like SketchUcation. JMO

majid

Post by majid » Mon May 22, 2023 9:22 pm

To place the windows on a cylinder, there are at least two approaches:
1- adding enough segments to the base circle, then making the hidden lines visible and placing windows (as components) on each face
2 - using joint-push-pull plugin....

If I were you, I would definitely gather some reference images to help my dreams come to reality... 🤔