Hi Rise.

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Re: Hi Rise.

Post by Mike1158 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:57 pm

High level on a far off planet, or perhaps a sub teranean living space with a daulight level illumiation screen beyond the 'windows'.

Alien world, a bit Outer limits perhaps.

The source of the bavkplate is, https://skybox.blockadelabs.com/4ed46d0 ... a5c506e3e6
Attachments
Student Rez Alien Skies 1 9 10p 55m.jpg
Student Rez Alien Skies 1 9 10p 55m.jpg (104.04 KiB) Viewed 6543 times

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Post by ntxdave » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:16 pm

The “link” did not work. Got a 404 error. I think your link does not include the full URL.

Sorry sir, I am not a fan of this one.

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:00 pm

Try this. https://skybox.blockadelabs.com/4ed46d0 ... a5c506e3e6

No worries, playing with the potential for somwething different, not a fan myself either. Playing with it though.

You Sir, I get good feedback from and I always appreciate good feedback. As is all the feedback I get here.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:25 pm

It looks sunlit 8-)
The background image doesn't quite match the cam angle.

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:21 am

It is sunlit, not a hdri, just a background. A real trick would be to create AI hdri rather than just odd works of (Almost) art.

There was a study many moos ago looking at subterreanean living and getting over the lack of exposure to sunlight/ Some of these concluded that solar tubes were a go to option and others that panels with a landscape and sunlight emmision artificial light fittings worked better due to the illusion of 'looking out of a window to a scenic landscape' worked better due to psychological benefits of that method.

I do like the idea, solar tubes can be faked with an insert, preferably hdr emiting and essentially the panels can be created the same way. Simple emitters.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:58 am

Re: HDRi in LEMs

If using an HDRI loaded into a Light Emitting Material, use a "smooth" HDR (very low resolution). So if the HDR image you are using is, for example, a 8000px wide 120MB file, resize and make it only 400px wide and 2MB file before loading it into the light source Emitter Material. Why? It will render faster and use less RAM while still looking the same in the rendering.

But I suggest not using HDR images loaded into light emitting materials, just set the color in the emitter to be an average color of your HDRI, and render. I doubt you will be able to tell the difference. The only challenge is to set the power of the emitter in Watts per sq meter to match the HDRI output.

This is somewhat applicable also to this situation...
Re: HDRi loaded into spherical sky when rendering interior renderings

If HDRi is loaded into the spherical sky slot of the Environment, you can use a "smooth" HDR (very low resolution version of the HDR) because the part of the HDR that will typically be seen out of the window will be too low resolution in comparison the the rest of the rendered image to matter. The background image would need to be replaced in post-pro anyway. Use a Sky Portal in this case to gather all the imporant HDR lighting info through the small window opening in your scene when using HDR with interior renderings.

:!: In practice, there are few situations I have found where HDR lighting in the sky slot makes much difference to interior renderings. HDR are perfect for exterior renderings for architecture or for product renderings where the entire spherical sky is able to shine on and light up the rendering subject/object. For interior renderings, better to place light emitting surfaces over the windows shining into the space. Subject: Pro Users Free Download Scene: Kitchen with Cathedral Ceiling with Slanted Wood
Subject: Free for Hobby Users this Kitchen with Cathedral Ceiling and slanted yellow wood on wall