Forum problem on my iPad

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Forum problem on my iPad

Post by ntxdave » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:13 pm

Don’t know if any of you view the forum on your iPad but I have been having a problem for a while now. When I try to post(new topic or reply) the box for entering text is now farther down the page. So, if I want to add an attachment or use one of the emojis I have to scroll up and Dow to achieve things.

Another silly thing is that if I try to use the thumbs up emoji it always puts it in the upper left corner of the post regardless of where the cursor is. I have to enter the text for the emoji at the position I want it.

I have been keeping my iPad up to date. Again, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem and has a solution or suggestion. I should mention that I am seeing on all of the forums I participate on.

I am running iOS 16.6.1 on my iPad

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Forum problem on my iPad

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:33 pm

ntxdave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:13 pm I should mention that I am seeing on all of the forums I participate on.
Do you mean to say that "I am seeing this same problem on all of the forums"?

My guess is that PHPBB forums (most commonly used forum software) is not set up for viewing well on ipad (or mobile in general). Next time we update the forum's format we will try to find something that works on mobile as well. Thank you for the suggestion!

ntxdave
SketchUp: 2020Pro

Re: Forum problem on my iPad

Post by ntxdave » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:37 pm

Fletch wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:33 pm
ntxdave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:13 pm I should mention that I am seeing on all of the forums I participate on.
Do you mean to say that "I am seeing this same problem on all of the forums"?
Yes

BTW: It did not always happen this way. I don’t remember which update to my iPad caused it, it used to work fine (yes, on all forums).

Fletch wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:33 pm My guess is that PHPBB forums (most commonly used forum software) is not set up for viewing well on ipad (or mobile in general). Next time we update the forum's format we will try to find something that works on mobile as well. Thank you for the suggestion!
Sounds great to me. :^: