mover.rb

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
beckdan

mover.rb

Post by beckdan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

i have 2 scenes and am using mover.rb with jon friltz's addition to make a block of wood move.
i read the manual about how to use twilight to render with mover.rb and am still getting no animation
the manual says
"When used properly, it's animations will be automatically rendered by Twilight. Set up the Animation Options
appropriately as described in the Animation Tab section of this manual"
but in the animation tab section of the manual it only speaks about setting the animation pull down to "view only"
i assume that for mover.rb we need to set it to 'has animated objects'
anyway, it doesnt matter as i played with both setting and i still get the same still images, even though the object moves fine when i click on the scene tabs in su itself
below are some screen shots of my settings
please tell me what is wrong
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (65.07 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (19 KiB) Viewed 4640 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: mover.rb

Post by Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

I just tried mover on a simple cube setup and it works fine.
You are right, it should have "Has Animated Objects" selected.

There seems to be something wrong in your scene however... Your screenshot of the animation settings shows 2 second scene transition. But your animation window shows that your total animation is only 1 second (Time 2.0 / 1.0 (s)) It looks like something got changed or not updated correctly in your scene? If you had a 2-scene setup, with a 2 second transition time, you should have a 2 second total time, not 1 second.

(The first number (Time 2.0 / 1.0 (s) ) shows the length of the rendered animation. This can be longer than the available SU animation (advantageous for SketchyPhysics))

beckdan

Post by beckdan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm

is the point u made about my timing being off the cause of why its not working, or are u just pointing it out tangentially?
anyway, i made another animation with just a cube and again: same thing! cube animates in su scene tabs but not with twilight!
what am i doing wrong?
Btw, i dont get what my mistake is with the timing. if i have 2 scenes with a second transition between them thats 2 seconds of total animation. at 15 frames per second, thats 31 frames altogether, which is exactly what it says on the screen capture...
Please explain clearly. thanks

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 am

Your problem might be related to the timing, but I don't know for sure.
beckdan wrote: if i have 2 scenes with a second transition between them thats 2 seconds of total animations
That's not how it works. If you have 2 scenes, with 1 second of transition between them, it starts at scene 1 then takes 1 second to transition to scene 2, where it finishes. A total of 1 second. But your Model Info screen capture shows you have a transition time of 2 seconds, not 1 second, so I don't even know where the 1 second transition is coming from...

Anyway, there's no way I can guess at what is wrong just from the pictures. Please send the scene to support [at] twilightrender [dot] com and we can look at it and tell you what's wrong.