Apartment Renovation

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
flipya
SketchUp: 7

Re: Apartment Renovation

Post by flipya » Sat May 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Oh dear, even more reason to part with my hardearned cash... :cry:

So is this renderready stuff a community effort? i.e. could I configure components to be 'render ready for Twilight' and then have it approved and uploaded to Formfonts? Would be cool as it could help get a lot of FF objects suitable for Twilight quickly.
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat May 15, 2010 11:32 pm

This idea has been discussed, yes... and yes, there's a sharing portion to Form Fonts.

Looks like somewhere more than 50 models are Render Ready for Twilight... you can search their site for "Twilight".

paappleb
SketchUp: 8.1

Post by paappleb » Sun May 16, 2010 4:48 am

To answer your question, I did not have to change too many of the textures of the components from FormFonts before they were right for Twilight. The only RenderReady component I used is the tea kettle. My biggest concern material wise was all the metals being the same. The client wanted a stainless steel finish throughout the kitchen and a brushed nickle look in the bathroom, so I had to go through everything I created and brought in from FormFonts and make sure all they had the appropriate material settings. Most of the other materials rendered just fine under the default settings (of course Fletch caught me slacking a little with the wine glass on the counter :? ). I am looking forward to seeing the RenderReady library growing with time. :D

Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

Post by Boofredlay » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Those are great. And it is nice to see my tea kettle in use :^:

paappleb
SketchUp: 8.1

Post by paappleb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I felt the kettle worked perfectly in my little kitchen. :) Majid, to answer your simple question with a long overdue answer: I used .900 for the can lights and and for the hanging pendent lights in the kitchen. In the bathroom, I have a value of .75 for the wall sconces and .900 for the ceiling cans again. It might look a little better if I lower the power level on the wall sconces down to .6 or even .55 but that's for when I get a free moment which is not going to happen anytime soon as I am currently moving in the next few weeks.