Rural villa: Finished!

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
flipya
SketchUp: 7

Re: Rural villa: UPDATE 1

Post by flipya » Tue May 18, 2010 11:49 am

Third one's done :whoot:

Now all I need to do is an aerial, I think I'll go for a line-overlay on that one. But that'll have to wait till tomorrow, time to catch some sun 8-)

Looking at these three, do you guys think I should redo the first one?

Hi-res version here
View 3 small.jpg
View 3 small.jpg (670.39 KiB) Viewed 7873 times
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue May 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Looking at these three, do you guys think I should redo the first one?
depends how proud you are!

where did you get this beautiful grass?!! :D

lovely work flipya. i would recommend a more sensitive cropping though. less foreground but thats just my opinion, seems bottom heavy although its still beautiful.

maybe reduce opacity of birds very slightly, or lighten; they stand out too much. it would give the impression of a more turbid environment.

finally, the soffits and window frames have green reflection....i would use the sponge tool to desaturate them a bit as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be this strong in reality. I guess you have used exterior progressive preset?
time to catch some sun
wish I could, its sooooo hot in my office :(

[EDIT] shouldn't there be a path/divide between the grass and the house? I cant imagine the grass going all the way to the brick work or maybe it is like that....just a thought.
Last edited by olishea on Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oli

paappleb
SketchUp: 8.1

Post by paappleb » Tue May 18, 2010 1:58 pm

They keep on getting better and better :^: I love the attention of detail you have with all the interior elements and the clean photoshop work you have done. I must agree with Oli. That is some rather awesome grass and would be very interested in knowing where you got it.

flipya

Post by flipya » Wed May 19, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks guys, I'm gonna keep this real short cos I'm kinda tired (just came back from the Jamie Lidell concert. If he's ever in a venue near you, scrape up the 20 bucks and get drunk somewhere else, he SUCKS live :rofl: ). Grass I got by googling 'weiland' on Google Images and selecting the 'larger than 8MP' option. Should be one of the first images you see. Weiland is Dutch for meadow. If anyone's interested btw, I got a small selection of hires (3000px across) images of grassy planes on my HD. Will put them in a rar tomorrow and upload them.

NN all!
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

flipya

Post by flipya » Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Ok, uploaded the grass images. You can find them here (the one I used for these renders is 'Grass 09').

Oli, I hear you on the empty spaces. I kind of like it myself, but probably wouldn´t have done it if the banner-layout and aspect ratio didn´t require it. It´s gonna be something like this, so I needed empty room for the box to lay over.
banner_layout.jpg
banner_layout.jpg (34.51 KiB) Viewed 7797 times
There should be a divide between grass and bricks. Totally agree. I´ll see if I can manage it in post before it goes to print. If not, something to remember next time :D

Definitely gonna lighten those birds a little, good idea!

I'm glad you like the interior Paap, it's really just a few clicks' work and I feel it sets it apart from the standard mirrored glass-look.

I'll upload the aerial view somewhere tomorrowmorning

flipya

Post by flipya » Wed May 19, 2010 11:26 pm

That's the aerial view. for Hires click Here.

I revisited the other ones. The first one's now pretty different (and added the treeshadow Fletch suggested), the third one I desaturated the green reflection as per Oli's suggestion. Also, I lowered opacity on the birds, thanks Oli!

Will upload them tomorrow, it's half past one now and I'm very tired :lol:

edit by admin- attached images to forum
Attachments
view4web.jpg
view4web.jpg (133.3 KiB) Viewed 7753 times

flipya

Post by flipya » Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Phonecall this afternoon:
Client - We love it!
Me - Great! I'll send it to the printers'.
Client - Well there's just one thing, we'd like the columns to be white, and the baywindows with dividers, as per the original drawings and specs. Oh and also, we want the brickwork a little darker and with thinner grout.
Me - I have the drawings and specs right here, there's no white columns and no dividers. And the brick is as specified.
Client - The architect says that's what the drawings said. He changed his mind on the bricks.
Me - You realise this means I'm gonna charge you double, right?
Client - Why?
Me - Because.
Client - OK.
Me - Fine, talk to you in a few days then

:wall:

I hate this stuff. It's not my clients' fault of course, but still well annoying! Means I gotta redo the texturing and render everything all over again, taking up time and computerpower that I need for other projects.

AAAARGH!!!

Rant over, thanks for listening (or not) :shock:

Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

Post by Boofredlay » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Nah, it is just a click of a button right [insert sarcasm]

Well if it is any consolation I think it looks great as is. Good work.

olishea

Post by olishea » Thu May 20, 2010 4:08 pm

"Don't you guys just scan a plan and the 3D model comes out?"

bastards
Oli

flipya

Post by flipya » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Hehe thanks guys :lol:

TBH there's absolutely no blame on the client's part, it's the architect who's screwing it up.

Bright side (I always look for the positive) is I get to charge double, even though there'll be hardly any postpro involved. Hello Formfonts! Hello i7! :lol: