Twilight for Mac?

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
estudioG
SketchUp: 6

Twilight for Mac?

Post by estudioG » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Twilight I just found out about it yesterday actually. I was wondering if there is a Mac version?
Currently I use Vray for sketchup 6 on my macbook with a windows partition which I do most of my modeling and no internet surfing.
But since Twilight's renders look really good, I'd rather have sketchup installed on my OSX side so I don't have to go back and forth between
partitions when I need something from the 3D warehouse.

Thanks!

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Re: Twilight for Mac?

Post by Frederik » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 am

Unfortunately there's no Mac version available at the moment... :|
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

olishea

Post by olishea » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

if you use vmware fusion instead of bootcamp you can mirror your files and desktop so you don't need to keep rebooting a different operating system.

my windows is open at the same time as my mac OSX....I can switch between them easily and instantly. You can also set how much power/memory you wish to donate to the windows partition. windows acts as an application....just like opening up sketchup you can open up windows.

So you can model/photoshop/surf internet on your mac side and render on the windows side....all at the same time :D

I have a bottle of rioja waiting for the mac release :) it will be a special day.
Oli

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Yep, I look forward to the Mac version although through VMWare Fusion it works ok, not 100% as Windows but good enough to produce renders.
It would obviously run better through Bootcamp, but I don't use it, I love the ease and speed of switching systems with the flick of a mouse.

estudioG
SketchUp: 6

Post by estudioG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:32 pm

I thought of using VM ware fusion, but a friend of mine told me that windows runs slower. I added more ram to my machine 4GB but windows is 32bit so it only registers 2.87 of the 4. :emp: