Tuscany-inspired living and dining area.

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
anstvam
SketchUp: SUp 7

Tuscany-inspired living and dining area.

Post by anstvam » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi everybody. New to the board, new to Twilight. I find it a great tool for presenting my work, although I understand I leave a lot to be desired when it comes to unveiling its great potential.
I would like to post a presentation I prepared using Twilight, for a living and dining area of a residence in southern Greece.
Comments and crit are of course welcome, and I know there's a lot to be improved, as the rendering was quickly set up and rendered by just hitting the render button. Preset 10 was used, and then I despeckled a bit in Photoshop and underlayered some linework from SUp.
Hello to everyone, glad to be here, glad to have found Twilight out!
Anastassis
Attachments
living and dining final.jpg
living and dining final.jpg (630.22 KiB) Viewed 3978 times

Pg09

Re: Tuscany-inspired living and dining area.

Post by Pg09 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 am

Hmm thats a render? Really nice :)

My only crit would be that you could exchange the big white books on the left for something more random
- if they are books at all :)

:welcome:
:gj:
:clap:

oh and the floor plan is a bit out of style - don't you want to try to render it as the main view?

oh2 - and maybe you should rotate the floor plan 180 degrees so it's easier to read it with the main view?
Cheers,

Adam

olishea

Re: Tuscany-inspired living and dining area.

Post by olishea » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

ah anstvam! I remember you from the other forums! haven't seen you posting in a while....good to see you here :^:

i agree about rotating the plan, would read easier. I think the image is a little on the dark side...or is that the 'look' you were going for? lots of gorgeous little details! :gj:

what's with the floor texture?! please no! I must see that texture 10 times a day....there are much better ones out there!! :D
Oli