I would have never thought...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

I would have never thought...

Post by Gaieus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am

...that I will be making this kind of models.

Some of you may remember this Roman Basilica project. Now it seems that the investor will not build the building so it will be covered back and no reconstruction will be made other than my virtual one.

However now some kind of lobbying started to at least mark, indicate the outlines of the most important building here. The idea is to create a park here whose "fence" would be some kind of a hedge along the walls of the basilica. Of course, the surrounding is not flat so it may be difficult.

I was asked yesterday to make a very fast representation of what we have in mind so I quickly modelled the surroundings (no roofs just flat ones and of course no texturing) and modelled what the idea is; hedges all around the walls (you can even see the buttresses) and cypresses where the pillars were.

C&C are welcome of course but again; this was a one day (and no pay) job so I have just thrown a bunch of things together and rendered with low settings (as you can tell from the light leaks here and there). There are sunken and floating objects all around, too.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (547.68 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (517.6 KiB) Viewed 6188 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (720.7 KiB) Viewed 6183 times
Last edited by Gaieus on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gai...

Gaieus

Re: I would have never thought...

Post by Gaieus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

3 more...
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (524.77 KiB) Viewed 6181 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (543.52 KiB) Viewed 6178 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (493.23 KiB) Viewed 6176 times
Gai...

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Hey, G, for quickie renderings, I think they're great! :^:

bytor
SketchUp: 18

Post by bytor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:05 am

Nice work Gaieus!

I think they communicate the intention very well = especially for a 1-day freebe! :^:

The cyprus 2d could use some love, but the hedges look good - might I ask if you made those?

Bytor

Gaieus

Post by Gaieus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks guys, indeed it was a quickie and had no time for even searching for better cypresses (not to speak about 3D ones).

The hedge is a simple "furred" version of a little bush Alan Fraser shared at SkethUcation. I only changed the hue of the leaves from autumn/rusty to green (used "colourize" tool in Gimp).

That part really needed some more care as that IS the point (actually the whole terrain modelling used to be nicer but at the very last moment I had to change to be more correct and had no time to make it look better).

I made a spherical panorama, too: http://www.gaieus.hu/Panoramas/Park/Park.swf (it may take a while to load as I made it for offline presentation and rather large images for a projector)
Gai...