GH House Excercise

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
rhino3dman
SketchUp: 8

GH House Excercise

Post by rhino3dman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Hello everyone!!! :D I'm a new fan of twilight render for sketchup. I've somewhat missed this for over a year. I see everyone's render here is high res but forgive my image coz it has watermarks for now using the demo version. I hope I'm still free to post my image and impressions with this software.

So here it is. Forgive my water pool material. When I did this scene I'm still reading the manual and only came across 1/4 of it. I've used 3d trees and and fur for the fallen leaves and grass but i struggle a lot with sss. What i've used is the template and tweaked it a little. How I wish I can upload a high res image of it..
Attachments
digiwatercolor.jpg
digiwatercolor.jpg (112.23 KiB) Viewed 10578 times
twilightchallengpool.jpg
twilightchallengpool.jpg (100.19 KiB) Viewed 10584 times
Last edited by rhino3dman on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: GH House Excercise

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Welcome Rhino,
Please try attaching image to your post now. But, I don't think you are allowed until after 3 posts are approved. So you may need to use an external image host until then.

rhino3dman

Post by rhino3dman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:04 am

As I remember I've already attached the image....maybe the site is not good...I will use another host site. Thanks again for approval

fymoro

Post by fymoro » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 am

Welcome and wow!!! These images are beautiful... :gj:
Can you explain us more about the render preset , time, and Post pro ?
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

rhino3dman

Post by rhino3dman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 am

I've used interior+ preset and run for 2 hours. I've used photoshop and photosketcher...I added bloom and sharpen the image to reveal the details...I also adjusted the tone and contrast. I don't know if I'm allow to post another image here but I rerendered it in kerkythea in high res

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 am

lovely render (I've now attached the images to the forum so they will not be lost in the future)
I think the glow is over-done. Just a little glow to give subtle dreamy softness can be a good thing... too much becomes distracting.

archigrafix

Post by archigrafix » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:52 am

I think the concrete roof is much too heavily textured. The glow effect doesn't do anything nice for the image, it's effect for effect.
I don't understand why the skyline is strangly blured. The watercolored image is much too...hum watercolored I mean everything gets a spongious look...
I hope my criticism are not too arsh. It's not abolute value it's just my opinions. I think model is great and could be easily rendered in a nicer and simpler way. So IMO you are not far from a great render if you come back to more simplicity. ;)

sshiffermiller

Post by sshiffermiller » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:12 pm

I really like the watercolor. I tend to gravitate to these images for some reason. I will agree that in the other image, the concrete appears a bit too heavily textured. Good looking images though.

-Scott

rhino3dman

Post by rhino3dman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:15 pm

thanks for the comment....i think the main problem is in my old crt monitor...in my monitor everything is sharp and with great contrast...but i checked out in other monitors...the image are all washed out. This is the result of overprocessing. I have to agree that the bump in the concrete material looks exaggerated when I sharpened the image with photoshop. I think I have to decrease the effect in the layers settings. The sky background is just right in my old crt monitor but if you use other lcd monitors with different brightness and contrast, it is too bright. I have used 8000 pixels environment so it's impossible that the background gets blurry. I intendedly over sponged the watercolor effect just like when I do a quick manual rendering.

Cheers!!!