Where is advanced render setup

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
PRSS
SketchUp: 2020 Pro

Where is advanced render setup

Post by PRSS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 am

Hello everybody!

I have downloaded the demo version. Twilight is nice.

Where are the advanced render setup which is equivalent to Kerkythea's advanced render setup where you can tweak several settings.

Thanks in advance
With best regards
PRSS

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Where is advanced render setup

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:41 am

Hello, PRSS! :D Welcome!

This was, for now, not included, as tweaking advanced render settings confuses most users. :?

The Easy settings were designed to cover most bases for most cases. If one of them is not working for your particular scene, then you would naturally move up to the next highest quality setting. I highly encourage you to give the "Easy" render settings a chance. Since I have had them, I have never needed any other, really!

For those who like to tweak render settings there are alternatives:
You can open any .xml setting file in Notepad and edit the setting directly for your personal use.
But, as I know you are an experienced user of Kerkythea, there's another way: ;)

If you have any custom render settings you would like to create, and you have Kerkythea installed, set up your settings in Kerkythea to whatever you would like( you can even merge in one of the "Easy" presets from Twilight to start from if you would like) then when you have the setting you would like in KT:
  • Go to File>Save Scene
  • Choose "render settings" file type from the type pull down menu in the save dialog
  • Type the name of the settings AND TYPE THE EXTENSION ".XML" (i.e. "MyNewSetting.xml")
  • Save the file into your "\Google SketchUp X\Plugins\Twilight\RenderSettings\Express\3) Custom" folder
  • Now in Twilight, close and re-open the Render Dialog Window and you should see your new setting in the Custom folder.
  • Render happy.

Bonus Tip: you may use Kerkythea to create material libraries for Twilight as well, actually ;)

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by Ecuadorian » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 pm

After copying your favorite Kerky settings, you can also paste them directly in the "RenderSettings" folder for quicker access. :idea:

PRSS
SketchUp: 2020 Pro

Post by PRSS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Thank you Fletch and Equadorian for your quick replies. I shall certainly look into it. I still have not done any serious probe into this Twilight render. I shall soon do it with the demo version. I hope to buy the full version too. How long is the period of this introductory offer? Normally a period is mentioned.

With best regards
PRSS