[req]Start render out of Sketchup - maybe in ver.2 ?

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
derei
SketchUp: 2015 x64

[req]Start render out of Sketchup - maybe in ver.2 ?

Post by derei » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:10 pm

I am often in position to have some work to do in Sketchup while some render is on going, but the second Sketchup instance that I open, is low-responsive.
What if we could start the rendering engine outside of sketchup and render some preset scenes from a closed file? In this way, it won't be necessary to keep a SU session opened all time when TW is working.
Of course, best and ideal would be to be able to close Sketchup after the render starts, but TW to stay open and keep rendering :mrgreen:
ARTIST AND DESIGNER DEREI.UK

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: [req]Start render out of Sketchup - maybe in ver.2 ?

Post by Fletch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:50 pm

This exists already. :) (was pretty much why we created Twilight - that is, so that we wouldn't have to export to an external render program)

So, export file as .xml open in Kerkythea, hit render.
Kerkythea will use less RAM resources than SU+Twilight.
You can copy the Twilight render settings files over to Kerkythea's render settings folder.

derei
SketchUp: 2015 x64

Post by derei » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Fletch wrote:This exists already. :) (was pretty much why we created Twilight - that is, so that we wouldn't have to export to an external render program)

So, export file as .xml open in Kerkythea, hit render.
Kerkythea will use less RAM resources than SU+Twilight.
You can copy the Twilight render settings files over to Kerkythea's render settings folder.
I see... but this is why I raised this problem - to avoid exporting and another software. Just TW + SU, but to not be conditioned to have one more file format, exporting, or SU opened. I was thinking to sort of background running, without interface, maybe just a preview, to see how is the rendered image. Starting the rendering within SU is awesome, but being able to run it in background with SU closed would be more awesome :D. It's just because working on a model within current SU session, while TW is rendering a different model, makes it more vulnerable to crashing and without a "resume" function in tw, a render crash is a killer.
ARTIST AND DESIGNER DEREI.UK

Sepo

Post by Sepo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:48 pm

The workflow TWI + Kerkythea can't really get simpler than that. To use Kerkythea you just need to install it and press render button after opening file saved as .xml in TWI.....It liberates your SU completely....