Any constructive criticism?

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
keisad

Any constructive criticism?

Post by keisad » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Still a little amateur at the rendering engine and any helpful comments would be appreciated.
Attachments
Twi1.jpg
Twi1.jpg (581.4 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
twi2.jpg
twi2.jpg (715.31 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
twi3.jpg
twi3.jpg (558.64 KiB) Viewed 5893 times

cballtgh
SketchUp: 2017 Pro

Re: Any constructive criticism?

Post by cballtgh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm still a bit new to this myself, but others have been nice enough to help me so I'll pass it forward. I really like the style you used in all the renderings, the third one maybe the most. But some of the entourage is doing the images a huge disservice, the people, car and background in image two are too distracting and kill the images. Maybe make the glass in image one a little less translucent, or add more detail to the inside of the house, also some of the roofing and the stone work seems a bit flat. Hope this helps.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 am

For me, I like the "mix" of the render and SU view, except the lines are too dark.
They are ok for a quick concept presentation, but I think you could use Twilight to a stronger advantage to look more realistic. What do you need help with?
Did you follow the video tutorials (linked in my signature)?

-Bright light on garage in middle of sunny day? You couldn't see that light if it were day.
I like the last 2 views best.
The first one, camera could be much lower, eye-level cameras seem to work best when starting to learn rendering.
To show a wider view of the house when standing near it... Use magnifying glass in SU and hold shift key down while dragging downward with the mag. glass to zoom to a wider angle camera without walking backward in SU.

jo-ke
SketchUp: 2021pro

Post by jo-ke » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 am

I like the way you placed the people in there. Did you do that postpro?

Gareth
SketchUp: SU8 to SU2019 Pro

Post by Gareth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 am

too many SU lines for my liking, and I prefer eye level views....just my 'thing', not necessarily a criticism. I appreciate that you are not seeking photorealism (neither do I, 'cos I can never achieve it...!!!)

but, a criticism is this, the brickwork at the corners aren't real enough...I know, it's tricky....but it's worth the effort to get it right

[PS. I hate using bricks for that reason....!!]