A small movie for fun

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
artlantis

A small movie for fun

Post by artlantis » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi everybody ;)

This is a clip I recently made using Twilight. My comp is quite a humble machine and it got almost a month time to render it.
I used the lowest settings with fast render times: Photon Map without antialising.

https://vimeo.com/90422609
[vimeo]90422609[/vimeo]

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: A small movie for fun

Post by Fletch » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:31 am

It is quite well done, considering the computer power used.
Perhaps it will help you find work, then you will be able to afford a new computer and Twilight. ;)
Improvements in rendering with TR
kronox wrote:...just got into an interior design firm after they liked how my renderings look like with TR,...

kronox
SketchUp: 2015

Post by kronox » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:46 am

Niiiice :) looks really much like the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, how it looked hundreds of years ago. Really great, only if those interrupting frames could be removed, even greater.

Thanks Fletch :)

artlantis

Post by artlantis » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Sir Fletch and Mr. Kronox :)

I tired to achieve the feeling of an old arab city / from Arabian nights tales maybe/ but also adding elements typical for antique Greek/Roman architecture. However the Holy Lands have always been a place gathering many religions and different cultural layers are coexisting and even melting in each other. I tried to make the scene as complicated as possible /up to my humble abilities to do so of course/ I wanted to get the camera focused on the main attraction point - The Temple and the Palace on the sandy hill. A long fortress wall preserving that, let say, inner city, which is located on a river island. A small amphitheatre, an arc, another administrartive building, and the dwellings for the rich, no so rich and for the poor citizens that are randomly dispersed over the outskirts. The scenes transitions are not very smooth, you are right, but bear in mind there were about 40 scenes in sketchup, the camera path is almost 3 km long. And when the scale is so huge, smooth transitions are more difficult to make / or at lest for me/. However i could have increased the farme rate and then the movie would have been smoother but the camera would be too fast i think and lots of details would have missed the eye.

No matter how succesiful or not, this was the poject of my life. I doubt I would ever dwell in something similiar, but i needed to do it and I am happy I did. This project will not yield me nothing else but my personal satisfaction, cause I love drawing, I love architecture, I love Sketchup and Twilight, I love seeing what spectacular masterpieces people are making, here in this forum, and not only, I am only a hobbist but that is enough for me to be happy with.

Wish you all the best, and always keep the flame of your passion alive in you :)