Computer Screen (Ecran en francais)

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Computer Screen (Ecran en francais)

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 pm

I know someone with a mac laptop with the most beautiful screen on it. It was of course a very expensive laptop. :roll:

For people on a tight budget, what Computer Screen (DESKTOP) would you suggest they try/buy?

For renderings, image quality and color representation is of the highest importance. Ability to cusomize settings such as gamma is a plus.

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Re: Computer Screen (Ecran en francais)

Post by Dylan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:45 pm

I do have the top of the range 17 "MacBook Pro with anti glare screen and it is very beautiful.
But before this I used to use a 24" Dell Ultra Sharp which was an excellent monitor. It is not the cheapest monitor out there, but it was impressive.

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by Ecuadorian » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 pm

I would recommend a screen similar to the ones used by your clients, so your renders show up the same ;)

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 pm

my last client had an iphone... but don't think I'd enjoy Twilight much using that screen. :lol:

notareal

Post by notareal » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:01 pm

My older 24" Dell Ultra Sharp is rather fine, there also some good smaller dell monitors (I can return this to monday - we have those at work, but dont remember model numbers). Stay away from glossy screens.

jkasquires

Post by jkasquires » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:08 pm

I currently have an Apple 23" Cinema display and it is awesome. I also have a 24" Dell Ultra Sharp display. Both I feel are very good screens. Really it comes down to a matter of price. For the most bang for your buck I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Dell Ultra Sharp series. Just find a size that you like.

Fletch

Post by Fletch » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm

so, it appears Dell Ultra Sharp is the winner around here for # of users :D
I will look into finding one... if I can. (in Croatia)

Looks like the Cinema Display got rave reviews, but you can't plug in a portable DVD player to it, which is a drawback for the price... but it's not a function I would use much anyway. :roll:
limited adjustability options; no home entertainment video inputs.

Does anyone else have problems with their buttons on their Ultra Sharp?

from this page
Review:monitor quality is excellent, top notch - the switch on the bottom right is poor design. Dell has replaced my monitor 3 times since 2006.Twice, the monitor switch would not turn on, once, the switch was in the "ON" position. Dell service can't be improved upon, however, the designer of the switch needs to rethink the mechanics of his design. I am very very careful how I press this switch, knowing it's going to get stuck sooner or later, btw.

notareal

Post by notareal » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Fletch wrote: Does anyone else have problems with their buttons on their Ultra Sharp?

from this page
That is the 24" model I have. No problems in general. If you read revies of that monitor, I think they give rather accurate image how it behaves. It's not a gaming monitor. Nor should you try sRGB mode. You really should calibrate it properly to get most of it. Factory settings are reasonable, but I seen better ones too. If you calibrate it, it's a different beast.