license

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
noro

license

Post by noro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:23 pm

"...Each purchase allows for installation on up to 2 machines for personal use, 1 machine for commercial use..."
I can't install my lic. on two other machines :( Do I have to send 2 more request e-mails? What about network rendering (I have no idea how/where set it up) and slave licenses - what is the price each?

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Re: license

Post by Frederik » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 pm

noro wrote:"...Each purchase allows for installation on up to 2 machines for personal use, 1 machine for commercial use..."
I can't install my lic. on two other machines :( Do I have to send 2 more request e-mails?
The short answer is Yes...
You will need to install TW on each computer and then request the license from each... ;)
noro wrote:What about network rendering (I have no idea how/where set it up) and slave licenses - what is the price each?
This is taken directly from the TW FAQ... ;)
Currently, Twilight does not make network rendering available.
Network rendering will be available in a future release
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

noro

Post by noro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanx Frederik,

Currently, Twilight does not make network rendering available.
Network rendering will be available in a future release

I am blind... :)

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 pm

For experienced Kerkythea users, of course,there's a work-around until a 'native' network rendering option becomes available.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Let me ask a question (or two), guys (and sorry if I sound really dumb):
    • Am I allowed to use my license on one for commercial work and two other computers for personal use (i.e on 3 computers altogether)
    • OR either on one computer for commercial OR two computers for personal use (i.e. either 1 or 2 computers)?
  1. what if I request a computer license and later I decide to use Twilight on another one (say because I bought a new computer)?
    Can I "change" the licenses?
The question is relevant because I have a nice, shiny new desktop at the moment on which I am using TL mostly (say this would be my commercial license) but have a laptop, too and an old crapware which I could still use for some "background rendering" (say not commercially).

(BTW I have never done any "pay job" with any rendering software yet...) :oops:
Gai...

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 pm

The original intent was to allow two personal machines OR one commercial machine. I've changed the web page to make that more clear. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as transferring a license, yes, we are very flexible in that regard. Just contact us at licensing at twilightrender dot com and explain the situation. (Obviously we reserve the right to refuse to transfer the license if you abuse it ie you request to transfer the license 10 times)

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

OK, thanks. It really just needed this minor clarification for me.
Gai...

grdnblak
SketchUp: 2018

Post by grdnblak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 am

i was thinking about something similar to Gaieus relating to transferring licenses...

is it possible to setup a 'dongle' or similar to allow transferring of license? i'm thinking along the lines of x1 commercial license used primarily in the workplace but being able to take that license on to a laptop or a third machine and being able to continue working at home or elsewhere? This would involve more than 10 trasnfers....and probably on regular occasions....or is it really just a license per machine?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Licensing is something we take really seriously. We want it to be as easy as possible, but also secure.

We know that having to request a license whenever the OS changes can be inconvenient. We are continually looking to make it better. We've talked about a hardware USB based license but the fact is that with purchasing the hardware and shipping it, that would increase the cost of Twilight unreasonably.

Under most circumstances, as of now, yes, it will have to be one license per computer.

grdnblak
SketchUp: 2018

Post by grdnblak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 pm

coolio, cheers :^: