No sun thru glass in progressive renders..

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
Guy Threepwood

No sun thru glass in progressive renders..

Post by Guy Threepwood » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello- I upgraded to sketchup 2015 and twilight V2 recently

sun no longer passes through glass in progressive renders only- works fine on other settings- medium/high etc so it appears I have the material settings correct :!

Also all other lighting is far dimmer in progressive renders, even after lots of passes- is that normal? Any help much appreciated

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: No sun thru glass in progressive renders..

Post by Fletch » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Make a room with 4 walls +ceiling +floor and exact same environment settings and window orientation in original scene. Build window exactly as in original problem scene (aka - copy it from the original scene and re-use it) Apply exact same material to glass as in original scene if not simply copy/pasting original window.

Or, save-as your current scene and strip it from all superfluous objects to get to just the room, window, and environment in question.

Test if same problem exists - if so, please post scene here for diagnosis.

My best guess is that you are not using a Thin Glass material - (=Architectural Glass Template in Twilight Render) Be sure glass material OPACITY (alpha) IS SET TO 3% OR LESS.

As for the lighting, our apologies for the inconvenience, however this is likely do to our great IMPROVEMENTS on light power precision. This has the negative effect of requiring resetting light powers using V2 for all light types including Light Emitting Materials in scenes created with previous versions. Unfortunately there was no way we could "automagically-convert" the light powers to the new settings. The up-side is that doing so is now much easier/more precise as you choose your light fixture type, set wattage or lumens, and can even set color of light in kelvin.