OLD WORK- neo-classic living room interior

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Abz13
SketchUp: 2015

OLD WORK- neo-classic living room interior

Post by Abz13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am

I did this with TL hobby 2 and some post processing in PS. this was a practice model, downloaded from www.sketchuptexture.com
feedback is highly appreciated, as i intend to improve on this
Attachments
neoclassic living room Remastered TL forum.jpg
neoclassic living room Remastered TL forum.jpg (703.83 KiB) Viewed 6327 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: OLD WORK- neo-classic living room interior

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 am

Very good! :^:

The light shades for lamps and the glass material for the glass candle light bulbs needs work. When you get those figured out, it will be very good indeed, and probably will clean up in rendering more quickly.

Personally the wrinkled rug is distracting my eye when I look at the image. A real photo of the room would not have such a messy rug... but this is just a personal opinion.

Try the "polished concrete" template for the floor material.

It needs to render longer to be a clean render or try using a denoise plugin for your favorite image editing software to remove noise from the image.

Subject: Denoise image test
You can read this review of Topaz Denoise plugin for Photoshop.[/quote]
Subject: Render tips

Abz13

Post by Abz13 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:00 am

Fletch wrote:Very good! :^:

The light shades for lamps and the glass material for the glass candle light bulbs needs work. When you get those figured out, it will be very good indeed, and probably will clean up in rendering more quickly.

Personally the wrinkled rug is distracting my eye when I look at the image. A real photo of the room would not have such a messy rug... but this is just a personal opinion.

Try the "polished concrete" template for the floor material.

It needs to render longer to be a clean render or try using a denoise plugin for your favorite image editing software to remove noise from the image.

Subject: Denoise image test
You can read this review of Topaz Denoise plugin for Photoshop.
Subject: Render tips[/quote]

Thank you for your great feedback as usual :). you've suggested that i should let this render longer. i just wanted to say that i let this render for about 16 hours. using rendering preset easy 09. so besides the material settings, could it be that perhaps i used the wrong preset? or that my machine is not powerful enough (my specs: i7 4500, 3GHz dual core, Nvidia GT 740M with 1GB dedicated graphics, 8GB RAM). I'd like to know how long it normally takes on average to get a clean render. other than that, that messy rug is the only rug I had when i was rendering this. i have better rugs in my collection now so i will work on that. let me also try the polished concrete template and compare the difference. and this might sound lazy but what template would you suggest for the light bulbs? so far i have tried "flint" and "diamond" templates.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:50 pm

For lampshades and light bulbs create a small test render scene so that you can quickly test your light without all of the other lights and information - you will greatly increase your learning speed.

Try the Templates>Translucent>Shade template. (lamp shade)
Try the settings :Translucence 100%, set SketchUp to 75% opaque for a start.
This is for lights with a single face as the shade - if the shade is built with thickness, delete the interior surface of the model.

A dual-core with 4 threads is good - but perhaps a little slow if rendering with Easy09. Fastest thing would be to use a denoise program as I suggested earlier to eliminate the noise. 8 threads would essentially cut render times in half (more or less).

Abz13

Post by Abz13 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:42 pm

Fletch wrote:For lampshades and light bulbs create a small test render scene so that you can quickly test your light without all of the other lights and information - you will greatly increase your learning speed.

Try the Templates>Translucent>Shade template. (lamp shade)
Try the settings :Translucence 100%, set SketchUp to 75% opaque for a start.
This is for lights with a single face as the shade - if the shade is built with thickness, delete the interior surface of the model.

A dual-core with 4 threads is good - but perhaps a little slow if rendering with Easy09. Fastest thing would be to use a denoise program as I suggested earlier to eliminate the noise. 8 threads would essentially cut render times in half (more or less).
alright. i will try all that's been suggested. i will re-post the revised version in due course. Thanks for your precious feedback Fletch.