Importing Thea Files - Extensions

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
SVART

Importing Thea Files - Extensions

Post by SVART » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Am relatively new to rendering and just started with Twilight V2. Not at all savvy with back end of computers. Trying to get Deep Editor import/export figured out and may have more Qs in the future. But for now am stuck with importing a just downloaded Thea material file. Its currently sitting on my desktop. Using new Macs - created a separate "Twilight Material" folder inside the OS Directory folder that I linked to Twilight inside Options>directory. But haven't figured out next steps for integrating Thea files to Twilight Deep editor. It starts with how and what to rename the Thea extensions which I believe is required plus what to do thereafter. At the moment have one Thea file with blank icon - the name and extension is "Thea GLS Thin Turquoise.mat.pack". Look forward to your help.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Importing Thea Files - Extensions

Post by Chris » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Twilight Render has absolutely nothing to do with Thea. You can import Kerkythea material libraries, but that is not the same thing as Thea.

There is a tutorial on importing libraries here: https://www.twilightrender.com/index.ph ... -libraries

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Chris is correct.

Twilight Template Materials are super simple to use, and much quicker to learn than Thea Materials anyway.
Importing Library materials is easy to do. (Kerkythea Library Materials.) But they can not be changed/edited without a Pro Twilight license.

I highly suggest going through the Twilight Render Getting Started Video Tutorial Series.

Check out all the material tips at Best Of Tips and Tricks - The Master List - V2.x

Rabbun

Post by Rabbun » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 am

I'm just curious, does the other way around work too? Can you import Twilight materials to Thea as well?
People love these D-Bal Max benefits because they're substantial.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:37 pm

I doubt it. That would be up to Thea to implement and I'm sure they have no interest in doing that.