Existing library materials and the new release...

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
tomsdesk

Existing library materials and the new release...

Post by tomsdesk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 pm

I noticed, on two different models, the library thin glass material I'd previously applied was changed to a library white paint material first time I opened the models after upgrading (I had also upgraded SU to 7.1)...it was the only library material I had used and all the previous template materials used were ok?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Existing library materials and the new release...

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi tom,

Libraries are referenced by name only. Generally this isn't very safe, but for now there is no other adequate way of referencing them. If you have a library with multiple entries with the same name, your likely to see some strange behavior. In addition, if you change the names in the library (which we did a little while ago because of duplicate names), you may get a 'bad' reference. We have no plans on changing the 'official distributed' libraries from here on, so if that was the cause, it shouldn't happen again.

If you are using an 'un-official', user library, then just be sure there are no duplicate material names and that the names don't change.

tomsdesk

Re: Existing library materials and the new release...

Post by tomsdesk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Chris wrote:...If you are using an 'un-official', user library, then just be sure there are no duplicate material names and that the names don't change...

No, I'm not that far along yet...by any means :`) Your library and it wasn't a big deal...but I am glad to know I don't have to add this to the "check first" list, thanks!