QTVR Twilight

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
architeriffic

QTVR Twilight

Post by architeriffic » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Hello,

I have been using the Plugin "CubicPanoOut" combined with CubicConverter quite often as a means to show clients how it "feels" to be in the space. The resulting QVTR is easy to email and easy to navigate for less-than-savvy clients. Does Twilight work with CubicPanoOut? I noticed that it works with animations which is unbelievably great!

architeriffic

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: QTVR Twilight

Post by Fletch » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:36 pm

there's a ruby script that will auto-set-up your 6 cams for you, then read the manual about Batch rendering to render all six images with basically a touch of a button.

there's also ability to change camera mode to spherical... but don't think that a spherical image works with cubic pano out :?
but if you have a way to convert your spherical image to a .mov, then you're golden with only a single camera.

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by Ecuadorian » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 am

Cubic QTVR is sluggish.
Seems you can do something that works a lot smoother with a spherical Twilight render and some Java:
http://vr.albury.net.au/~kathyw/PanoTools/index.html
The site encourages you to check the source code of the panorama applet. Seems to be a very old page, but couldn't find anything similar on the Net.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am

Fletch wrote:there's a ruby script that will auto-set-up your 6 cams for you, then read the manual about Batch rendering to render all six images with basically a touch of a button...
That's CubicPanoOut architerrfic mentioned. Remember, Fletch, when I showed you the one I made with this plugin and Kerky? I think it's time to try it out with Twilight, too. ;)
www.gaieus.hu/su/videos/Carmelite.mov
(Mind you that this is not a great render - I was more experimenting with the camera settings to get the 6 images out correctly than paid attention to material and other setup)

Miguel - that applet seems to be interesting. If only it wasn't Java (I'd rather be after something in Flash). But will definitely try it out, thanks for the tip! :^:
Gai...

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Sure, but is CubicPanoOut able to take a Twilight Spherical render and convert it directly to an .mov ?

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 pm

From Paris.com (in English :mrgreen: :^: and 360 cities can be useful for the technical aspect! :clap:
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie

Gaieus

Post by Gaieus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Fletch wrote:Sure, but is CubicPanoOut able to take a Twilight Spherical render and convert it directly to an .mov ?
No,it will create the 6 scenes that you can render and later stitch together into a mov file like I linked above.
Gai...

Gaieus

Post by Gaieus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:24 pm

OK, so made a very quick and dirty test with the same model I posted above. I didn't have much time now so I used preset #2 low (with no "+") - maybe this is why it didn't come out perfectly as can be seen in the attached image. The camera angles are okay and the images can be stitched together just fine.

Fletch, I sent you a couple of links replying your PM - if you need the model, I can send it to you together with all the settings I made.
Attachments
CarmeliteTwilight.jpg
CarmeliteTwilight.jpg (119.43 KiB) Viewed 12517 times
Gai...

Gaieus

Post by Gaieus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:39 pm

I can also imagine that using physical sky would be the key here (I used one of those tree background images).

Anyway, I am off to "pubtown" now so I left it on batch rendering at 07 High+ (this will take care of the light leaks, too, hopefully) to see if this more accurate rendering will eliminate the seams (in the meanwhile, could we attach *.mov files, too - although I can always zip them, true...)

Se you later gang (maybe only tomorrow? :roll: )
Gai...

architeriffic

Post by architeriffic » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks Guys for your input and I look forward to seeing your rendering Gaieus.